Universal Audio at NAMM 2013
The 2013 NAMM show was easily the busiest in UA history — with more product announcements and booth visitors than ever before. Here’s the lowdown on some of the happenings from January’s trip to the Anaheim Convention Center.
Although making our customers happy is job one, it's always nice to receive industry accolades. UA is thrilled to have received two prestigious TEC (Technical Excellence & Creativity) Awards for the Apollo High Resolution Audio Interface and the Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder at a special awards ceremony on January 25, 2013. Sound On Sound magazine also presented us with two Reader’s Choice awards for Apollo and our hand-built LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier on the NAMM Show floor.
New UAD Plug-Ins & Apollo Enhancements
This year we announced UAD Software v6.5, our biggest release to date, including:
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- API® 500 Series EQ Collection
- Softube® Vintage Amp Room
- Softube® Bass Amp Room
- Softube® Metal Amp Room
- Full 64-bit architecture (Mac/Windows)
We also announced future enhancements to Apollo, including multi-unit cascading (allowing two Apollos to work as one), a new Pro Tools mode, and enhancements to Apollo’s Console application.
Artist Interviews, UA Demos, and Live Streaming
2013 marked the first year that our users could watch many of our demos and artist interviews live from the NAMM Show floor through our Livestream feed, including:
- "Tracking & Mixing with Apollo," with Producer Fab Dupont and Banda Magda
- "The Apollo Recording System," with UA’s Lev Perrey
- Ariel Rechtshaid (Major Lazer, Snoop Lion) interview
- Vance Powell (Jack White, Red Fang) interview
- Andrew Scheps (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Adele) interview
- Michael Romanowski (Jacqui Naylor, Third Eye Blind) interview
In case you weren’t able visit UA at this year’s NAMM Show, here’s some photos of this year’s highlights: