SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 24, 2013 — Universal Audio (UA), a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce the debut of Softube’s Vintage Amp Room, Metal Amp Room, Bass Amp Room, and Acoustic Feedback Deluxe plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface.
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We're delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
“It’s extraordinary to have Softube onboard as a UAD Direct Development partner, “ says UA CEO and Founder Bill Putnam, Jr. “The Amp Room plug-ins are truly best-in-class, and will put some very inspiring tools in the hands of UAD and Apollo users.”
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
Softube Vintage Amp Room — $199US
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning
Softube Metal Amp Room — $149US
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting
Softube Bass Amp Room — $149US
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal
Softube Amp Room Bundle — $299US
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp
Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe — $149US
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics
Download the complete NAMM 2013 UA Press Kit, complete with images, here:
Learn more about the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform here:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com
©2013 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "Diamond" logo, “Apollo,” and "UAD Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.