USA (toll free)
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and Benelux
+31 85 8887672
Customer support is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, PST
Universal Audio, Inc.
4585 Scotts Valley Dr.
Scotts Valley CA 95066
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • May 7, 2013 — Universal Audio (UA), a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v7.0, featuring two new Direct Developer plug-ins — SPL TwinTube and Sonnox Oxford Inflator.
SPL TwinTube Processor Plug-In
Developed by SPL for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform, the SPL TwinTube Processor Plug-In is an authentic software version of the world-class tube effects processor, adding analog tube warmth, saturation, and harmonic distortion without impacting dynamic range. With two fully independent stages — which can be run together or separately — the SPL TwinTube Plug-In provides a wide-ranging palette of sonic shaping, from smooth and creamy overdrive to deep, growling saturation.
• Authentic plug-in version of the world-class SPL TwinTube tube effects processor
• Adds analog tube warmth, saturation and harmonic distortion to instruments and vocals
• Boosts presence and spatial imaging without increasing overall dynamic range
• Easy, intuitive interface and simple workflow
• Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by SPL
• Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Audio Interface
Sonnox Oxford Inflator Plug-In
Developed by Sonnox for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform, the Oxford Inflator does what so many dynamics processors only pretend to do — increase the apparent loudness of a mix or individual tracks without audibly affecting sonic quality or reducing dynamic range.
• Adds power, presence, and warmth to program material
• Increases perceived loudness of any source, without audibly affecting sonic quality
• Provides virtual headroom, allowing percussive peaks to pass without signal overload
• Direct and band-split modes for maximum flexibility and optimal DSP usage
• Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Sonnox
• Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Audio interface
Now available on the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform via UA’s Online Store, the SPL TwinTube Plug-In sells for $199US and the Sonnox Oxford Inflator sells for $179US. UAD Software v7.0 also includes the new UA-developed Ocean Way Studios Plug-In, available for $349US.
Download UAD Software v7.0 here:
Learn more about SPL TwinTube Plug-In here:
Learn more about Sonnox Inflator Plug-In here:
Download high-resolution images here:
Learn more about the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform here:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.
©2013 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "Diamond" logo, “Apollo,” and "UAD Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.