FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects, Fuchs Overdrive Supreme, and bx_subsynth Plug-Ins for UAD-2
and Apollo Platforms
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • March 14, 2016 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.1. Alongside the new UA-developed SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog® Multimode Filter Collections, this latest software release features three new plug-ins from UA’s esteemed direct developers — Softube’s OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects, plus Brainworx’s bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer and Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier plug-ins.
Developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces, the OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In is an exacting emulation of the hard-to-find hardware that quickly gained favor with EDM producers, DJs, and remixers with its lush soundscapes, distortion, waveshaping, and pitch-shifting effects.
The OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In allows for creative mangling of sources on a bit-per-bit level. Users can invert or mute individual bits for a wide range of classic to twisted lo-fi effects, add chiseled crunch to kick and snare drums for instant character, or dial down the sample rate clock to generate funky, trashy textures on any instrument.
OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In — Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of this unique, modern lo-fi effect featuring both the digital and analog circuits
- Versatile 8-bit crushing with individually switchable and invertible bits
- Analog stereo multimode filter with resonance control
- Brain-mode features 4 different lo-fi effects: Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch-Shifting, and Step-Filter sequencer
- Emulated true diode-clipping on input
- Available Exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
Developed by Brainworx, the bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer Plug-In takes its sonic cues from the iconic dbx 120XP Subharmonic Synthesizer*. Born in the days of disco, subharmonic synthesizers helped overcome the low-end limitations of vinyl, giving DJs, sound designers, and club mixers pounding kick drums and booty-shaking basslines that defined dance music.
The bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer plug-in enables producers to easily add massive low-end punch without affecting the midrange. Its third synthesis band extends the upper end of the synthesis range from 56 Hz up to 80 Hz, allowing for the processing of a wider range of sources, from electronic kick drums to bass synths and more.
Brainworx bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer Plug-In — Key Features:
- Three-band subharmonic synthesis with individual additive parameter adjustment for adding massive low-end punch without affecting other frequencies
- Dual-mode saturation section with Filtering and Intensity controls
- Mid or Stereo Synthesis Input control allows subharmonics to be generated on either mono or stereo information
- M/S section with Mono Maker and Stereo Width allows precise control over the stereo field
Developed by Brainworx and officially endorsed by Fuchs Audio Technology, the Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier Plug-In expertly captures all of the "Dumble-inspired" nuance and tube-powered tone shaping of this legendary boutique amplifier and adds 82 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into a Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Fuchs®: Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier Plug-In Collection Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original “Dumble-inspired” Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50-watt guitar amp
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Fuchs Audio Technology
- 82 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets, mics, and outboard gear
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
Press Releases and Images for UAD Software v9.1 can be found at www.uaudio.com/press.
Learn more about the OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In:
Learn more about the Brainworx bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer Plug-In:
Learn more about the Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier Plug-In Collection:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds."
©2016 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.