Have not seen a single response from UAD to this overwhelming show of discontent. I continue to buy your products, but will also have to consider the competition. You are pricing yourself out of the market by charging like this for updates.
I own an Apollo 16, Apollo Twin Duo, Octo thunderbolt chassis and thousands of dollars of plugins. I own the legacy version and am insulted that I'm being asked to pay another $149 for the "real" version. I understand that it costs money to develop these. It also costs money to be in the recording world - hobby or professional - that supports your products. I'm all-in with silver-faced UA hardware that I bought a couple months before the release of the new hardware - that's annoying enough, but I feel like UA doesn't give a crap about loyal customers. I can see paying say $49 for an upgrade. That's fair. This isn't.
Won't be "adding to cart" any more UA plugins any time soon.
bad business strategy and relationship with its customers, especially with the version of owners now legacy of that plugin
Dear Mr. UAD,
I am writing to congratulate you on your most recent channel strip release. I had previously written a one star review of the Neve 88RS channel strip re-release and have decided it was in haste. I've had all weekend to record some song ideas and much to my surprise… this plug in is an ANIMAL! It made my Rickenbacker sound like it was leaping out of the monitors at me. I've never heard or played with anything so damn inspiring. For real.
I'm sorry for my previous shitty review. Please keep up the good work and don't listen to my whining (and anybody else's).
P.S. I'm still taking off one star for charging $149/$299 for an update to a plug in I already own, no matter how awesome it is.
that since this plug-in has been put out,UA reads these reviews on how the pricing upgrades need not apply to "legacy" users.this plug in is great and sounds better than the last but there should be no reason it should have to come to users complaining about these updates and the pricing sabotaging the great work done on these updates.thanks for the coupon and the discount upon my complaining earlier.thanks but it shouldn't have to take that.
This plugin is superb. No presets , twist to taste is the real deal. There's a lot of hate here over pricing. I waited on a couple coupons and got this at below half price. The latest and greatest always has SOME cost attached to it. Unlike Avid , UA didn't repackage the same crap and try and convince you it's new. This is the latest in modeling technology for the Neve strip that can still be used on the same platform as the legacy plug.
This is an excellent upgrade no doubt but still overpriced for customers who already bought the previous version. U.A you keep getting new plugins out with variable quality (some amazing some less convincing) but your prices in general have gone up and there is only so much money most customers can spend for a passion they don't earn money from. For sure it's costly to produce quality plugins and it must be worthwhile for universal audio but the price criteria is important and the competition is also getting excellently plugins out and so much cheeper. All these customers complains about the pricing of this update Reveal that customer sometime have the feeling they're being treating unfairly. 5 stars for the plugin but 1 star for the price.
I'm loving this New 88RS mkII..!! This Plug-In is absolutely amazing..!!! The sound is outstanding & I've tried to push it hard & the distortion that I do get is very musical & pleasing to my ears...
You know, if UA had just released this plug as the "AMS Neve 88R… B", there would be no 1 star reviews. Everyone would listen to this plug-ins' capabilities, jaws would hit floors, people would marvel at what UA's programmers had accomplished and monies would be parted with happily. This thing is to the "Legacy 88RS" what a '57 Les Paul Custom is to a 2015 Epiphone Standard. To some, it's the same thing. To a musician, one is to be cherished and the other is a toy. THIS Neve 88RS does everything well - buttery smooth EQ, fat & faithful comp, fantastic gate and a big & tight mic pre sound. It's worth every penny and is among the finest plug-ins they've come up with… and that's saying a lot.
It definitely sounds great! I understand that's probably the reason why it is DSP hungry. I own an Apollo Twin, UAD Sat Quad and UAD Thndrb Octo, yet I had to print lots of tracks to be able to finish my mixes. One must think about investing in more UAD DSP chips to use this plugin as it should. Thinking that way, it is clear that the plugin is way expensive, it definitely demands a new piece of hardware to go along with it. Besides, I've invested in new releases in the past and soon later they drop the price in half (such as 1073, Fairchild, API Vision). USD money makes it 3 times more expensive in Brazil (that's my problem, of course). Hoping for a kind coupon from UA, I give 5 stars for the amazing sound you get with this plugin!
I LOVE the new 88RS. I thought UAD out did themselves with the API Vision, but this blows it away. I own almost all of the UAD plugins, but I find my self using just the 88RS and very little else. I had previously mixed a project with the Vision, Slate VCC and VMR (with some Altiverb, Vertigo, Variable Mu, LA2, etc), but I took everything off and I'm just using the 88RS as a console...no VCC (except on the busses), which, to me, always made everything sound like it was going through a real console, but now the 88RS does it all. What a gorgeous analog sound...without the mud. The EQ is so musical. I feel like I'm back in the 80s working on a large console, dialing in just the right frequency. It's awesome! All I need is the 88RS, the Vertigo compressor, the Variable Mu and the LA2 (Love that fat sound), and of course some verbs and delays. Pushing either the line or mic pre (no unison...don't have an Apollo) and the fader, really fattens things up. This is an incredible tool. I highly recommend it.
I too am really quite frustrated at having to pay $150 for an upgrade and do wish that UA was a bit more merciful with their customers regarding this.
But that said, the quality of this new plugin is incredible. I have been AB-ing it on a master channel with the old plugin using the exact settings and the difference really is night and day. The old Neve 88RS (now Legacy) really sounds flat, muddy and lifeless compared to the new one.
The new 88RS plug-in has a clarity to it that is outstanding. The EQ brings out a pristine quality to the sound and a presence that the old plug-in just can't match and I even detected a more pleasant dynamic range let through.
Note: the new plug now uses 12% of DSP resources on a UAD-2 quad.
They really delivered on this one. Even though I have the legacy version after demo'ing this I purchased it right away. Sounds great!!
Universal Audio Deserves the Price for this Update and with Preamp.. You wouldn't be able to get this sound probably under a $1000 with the functionality. So $299-$149 is worth it and what i will do with yours and my mix..
Definitely Buying this shortly!!!
Thanks UA Please release the SSL Channel Strip NEXT !!
This plugin is superior!! The sound quality and new layout is perfect!! I've only used this on vocals so my opinion may be a bit shallow, but what this does and how easy it does it!!! PERFECT. I was initially disappointed with the price because I have the legacy version, but after hearing the two, the price is justified, and I didn't loose my other plugin! UAD Keep the plugins coming!!
This is an excellent plugin. One of UAs best work to date. The input stage is clean, accurate and warm. Great sounding filters and EQ. Perfectly usable compressor and gate. All in all it sounds fantastic, and there is very little that can match it in terms of quality.
The only thing that takes away one star is the DSP consumption which is a bit too high to make this really usable as a mixing plugin unless you have at least two octos. It is twice the API Vision strip.
It would not have been a problem is DSP was cheaper, but this is beyond the budget of many users.
If there was a way to bypass the input stage to save some DSP it would make it a little bit more usable.
Don't believe the hype on this one - grab it and hear it for yourself.
Of all thew Mk II versions released so far this one for me is the winner, and the 88RS now sounds like the board it is modelled from. I like the GUI redesign (signal flow is now more intuitive) and the tweaks done under the hood have really made this strip into something special and very usable on a lot of things - it sounds equally fantastic on Bass, Piano, Vocals & Guitars. My only gripe is the lack of an input meter (and you should be aware the output meter is post VCA but Pre-output dial). The compressor no longer seems to snatch at the audio in that SSL manner, and the EQ is so musical it's a joy.
An excellent upgrade & highly recommended to all Neve lovers
I have never written a UAD review. AND The last thing I needed to do was buy another UAD plug – meaning, I have most of them. And considering I have the original and almost never used it, why again? Well, this plug beat nearly every plug-in in shoot-outs I staged with previous mixes – meaning, where I might have placed 2-3 plugs in concert, the 88RS – hands down – took the prize. This emulation is the very manifestation of the reason I invested in this platform in the beginning. This plug is the most amazing thing I have ever worked with. Kudos to the entire team behind it. The UAD 88RS is amazing! And if you are staiil standing in the wings
I tried every UAD channel strip, but this is by far the best. The sound you get from this resembles real analog so much more! I have been trying to get a decent plugin chain for my U47 voice recordings, previously stopped at using the Summit compressor. BUT when I put this one on - I was amazed. Neve has one of the best software compressors ever and an amazingly fat, but transparent & musical EQ. As far as ITB mixing goes, I think that for now this is as close as emulating analog goes. This will be used on every channel from now on. Hands down, it kills any other console channel strips with ease. Oh, and try doing some filtering / correction with Oxford EQ after this and you will be impressed ;-))
I demoed this new channel strip for a few hours and realized it was a definite buy! The sound of the filters sold me. Super clean and unobtrusive. I love being able to use it with unision tech as a mic pre as well. It's amazing when you think about everything you get with this plug: Preamp, EQ, Compressor, and Gate/Expander. You could literally mix a record with this plugin and it would sound awesome! If you're new to Apollo I'd recommend this or the API vision for sheer flexibility and usefulness. I do prefer this to the API though. I even used it on my mix buss and loved the result!
YOU MAY NOT USE THE UA WEBSITE IF: (A) SUCH USE WOULD BE PROHIBITED BY ANY LAW, REGULATION OR GENERALLY-ACCEPTED PRACTICE OR GUIDELINE IN ANY APPLICABLE JURISDICTION (EACH, A "LAW") OR (B) YOU ARE LESS THAN FOURTEEN (14) YEARS OLD (UNLESS YOU HAVE OBTAINED WRITTEN PARENTAL CONSENT), MENTALLY INCAPACITATED OR OTHERWISE INCAPABLE OF ENTERING INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT WITH UNIVERSAL AUDIO, INC. ("UA").
ASSUMING NEITHER (A) NOR (B) OF THE PRIOR PARAGRAPH APPLY TO YOU, YOU MAY USE THE UA WEBSITE AS SET FORTH IN THESE GENERAL TERMS. YOU, PERSONALLY, SHALL BE BOUND BY THE GENERAL TERMS IN THE SAME MANNER AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED A WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH UA, UNLESS YOU NOTIFY UA IN WRITING THAT YOU ARE USING THE UA WEBSITE ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY, IN WHICH CASE, THAT ENTITY (THE "DESIGNATED ENTITY") SHALL BE BOUND BY SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IN SUCH EVENT, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR DESIGNATED ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED BY THESE GENERAL TERMS.
SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING, YOU OR, ALTERNATIVELY, YOUR DESIGNATED ENTITY ( THE "END USER") AND UA HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. License Grant. UA hereby grants End User a non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, non-transferable license to access the UA Website, solely in object code format, solely during the Term (as defined in Section 3(a) below) and solely for internal, non-commercial purposes.
2. Reservation of Rights; Express Restrictions.
(a) Reservation of Rights. Except as expressly set forth in Section 1, UA retains all right, title and interest in: (i) all of the technology, features, functionality, data, written materials, photographs, images, trademarks, logos and other components of the UA Website (each, a "Website Component"), (ii) all Derivative Works of the Website Components and (iii) all Intellectual Property Rights in the items listed in (i) and (ii), except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, "Derivative Work" means any revisions, modifications, translations, abridgment or compilation. "Intellectual Property Rights" means United States and foreign patents, utility models, trademarks, sound marks, copyrights, copyright registrations, mask work rights, trade secrets, moral rights, trade dress, know-how, algorithms, impulse responses and other intellectual property rights, whether currently existing or prospective, and including all applications therefor and reissuances, divisions, re-examinations, renewals, extensions, provisionals, continuations and continuations-in-part thereof, and any similar, corresponding or equivalent rights to any of the foregoing anywhere in the world. The structure and organization of Website Components including, without limitation, the computer code embedded in the UA Website, are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of UA and/or UA's Licensors (as defined in Section 2(b) below) and are protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other countries and by international treaty provisions.
(b) Express Restrictions. Without limiting the generality of Section 2(a) above, End User SHALL NOT:
(i) Translate, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works of or modify any Website Component;
(ii) Copy, transmit, rent, sell, sublicense or otherwise make available any Website Component to any third party;
(iii) Use any robot, spider or other automatic or manual process to monitor, access or copy any Website Component;
(iv) Attempt to circumvent technical measures in any Website Component that are intended to detect and/or prevent misuse of the UA Website or otherwise monitor usage of the UA Website;
(v) Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or otherwise disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of any Website Component or any other UA or third party asset;
(vi) Interfere with or disrupt any Website Component or any of UA's servers or networks;
(vii) Engage in any activity that would subject UA to public disparagement or scorn;
(viii) Use any Website Component to extract information about usage, individual identities or users;
(ix) Use any Website Component to transmit surveys, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
(x) Use any Website Component to transmit any material that is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene or indecent or otherwise violates the legal rights of others;
(xi) Use any Website Component to transmit any material that is copyrighted, patented, trademarked, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, unless End User is the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material;
(xii) Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
(xiii) Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a UA representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent End User's affiliation with a person or entity.
In addition, as to those features that require End User to register with UA, End User agrees that: (1) End User will provide accurate and complete information; (2) End User will promptly update End User's registration to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (3) End User is solely responsible for the activity that occurs on End User's account and End User must keep its account password secure; (4) End User will notify UA immediately of any breach (or suspected breach) of security or unauthorized use of End User's account; and (5) End User will not use anyone else's account without permission.
3. Term; Termination.
(a) Term. These General Terms shall become effective on the day End User first accesses the UA Website (the "Effective Date") and shall continue in full force and effect unless and until these General Terms are terminated pursuant to Section 3(b) below (the "Term").
(b) Early Termination. This Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from UA if End User fails to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement. In addition, UA may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason effective immediately.
(c) Obligations Upon Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, End User shall cease using the UA Website.
(d) Survival. Sections 2-15 shall survive termination of this Agreement; provided, however, such survival will not imply or create any continued right to use the UA Website after such termination.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. ACCESS TO THE UA WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. UA AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE UA WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE COMPONENTS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITATING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, UA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE IDENTITY OR TRUSTWORTHINESS OF ANY THIRD PARTY WHOSE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE UA WEBSITE. END USER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE ADVISABILITY OF ENTERING INTO A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH SUCH THIRD PARTY AND, IF SO, UPON WHAT TERMS. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT BE VALID IN SOME JURISDICTIONS. END USER MAY HAVE RIGHTS THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION AND OTHER LAWS. UA DOES NOT SEEK TO LIMIT ITS WARRANTY OR REMEDIES TO THE EXTENT NOT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER UA NOR ITS LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE UA WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE COMPONENT. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, THE SOLE OBLIGATION OF UA AND/OR ITS LICENSORS TO END USER FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $50.00.
6. USER SUBMISSIONS.
(a) The UA Website may now or in the future permit End User to submit data, ideas, text, graphics, messages, links, information, or other content ("User Submissions") and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. End Users understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, UA does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
(b) End User shall be solely responsible for End User's own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, End User affirms, represents, and warrants that End User owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize UA to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the UA Website and these General Terms.
(c) UA does not claim ownership of User Submissions. However, End User hereby grants UA perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content in connection with any aspect of UA's business.
7. SPECIAL COPYRIGHT CONSIDERATIONS.
(a) Claim Submission. If End User is a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believes that any User Submission or other content infringes upon End User's copyrights, End User may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent (as defined below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit UA to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit UA to contact End User, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
(v) A statement that End User has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that End User is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(b) Copyright Agent. UA's designated Copyright Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement is Keith Koegler, General Counsel, who can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (831) 461-1550. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to UA customer service. End User acknowledges that if End User fails to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 7(b), End User's DMCA notice may not be valid.
(c) Counter-Notice. If End User is the owner of a User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) and such End User reasonably believes that its User Submission is not infringing, or that End User has the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in the User Submission, End User may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
(i) End User's physical or electronic signature;
(ii) Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
(iii) A statement that End User has a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
(iv) End User's name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that End User consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Santa Clara County, California, and a statement that End User will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If the UA Copyright Agent receives a counter-notice in accordance with this Section 7(c), UA may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at UA's sole discretion.
(d) Removal Policy. For matters involving alleged copyright infringement, UA intends to follow the requirements of the DMCA in deciding whether to remove a User Submission from the Website. In all other matters, UA reserves the right to remove User Submissions without prior notice if UA determines, in its sole discretion, that such User Submission has violated a provision of these General Terms.
8. Export Rules. End User acknowledges that UA's products and services are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other export laws, restrictions, and regulations (collectively, the "Export Laws") and that Customer will comply with the Export Laws. End User will not ship, transfer, export, or re-export such products or services, directly or indirectly, to: (a) any countries that are subject to US export restrictions (currently including, but not necessarily limited to, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) (each, an "Embargoed Country"); (b) any end user whom End User know or have reason to know will utilize them in the design, development, or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, and sounding rockets, or unmanned air vehicle systems (each, a "Prohibited Use"); (c) or any end user who has been prohibited from participating in the U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government (each, a "Sanctioned Party"). In addition, End User's are responsible for complying with any local laws in Customer's jurisdiction which may impact Customer's right to import, export or use UA's products and services. End User represents and warrants that End User: (x) is not a citizen of, or located within, an Embargoed Country; (y) will not use any UA product or service for a Prohibited Use; and (z) is not a Sanctioned Party. All rights to use the UA Website and UA's products and services are granted on condition that such rights are forfeited if Customer fails to comply with the provisions of these General Terms.
9. Indemnity. End User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless UA, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorney's fees) arising from End User's use of the UA Website or any Website Component including, without limitation, (i) End User's violations of any provision of these General Terms, (ii) End User's violation of any third part right, including, without limitation, any copyright, property or privacy right or (iii) any claim that one of End User's User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these General Terms and End User's use of the UA Website.
10. Discontinuation of Products or Services. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as limiting UA's right to discontinue any of its products, models, parts and accessories, and/or support for any of the foregoing or to limit UA's right to change the specifications for the foregoing at any time without notice or liability to any third party.
11. Entire Agreement. These General Terms set forth the entire agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior and contemporaneous oral and written agreements and understandings with the respect to the same; provided however, that if (a) End User downloads any UA software from the UA Website or otherwise accesses any product(s) or services via the UA Website and (b) End User's use of such products or services is conditioned on End User's acceptance of terms and conditions contained in a separate agreement with UA (the, "Additional Terms"), the Additional Terms shall also apply. To the extent there is a conflict between one or more terms in these General terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms shall take precedence in relation to that product or service.
12. Modification. UA may change the General Terms at its sole discretion. If UA changes the General Terms, then UA will make a new copy available at www.uaudio.com/terms.html. End User's use of the UA Website is subject to the most version of the General Terms that are in effect at the time of such use.
13. Severability. In the event that a provision of these General Terms is deemed to be invalid, the parties agree that the remaining portions of these General Terms will remain valid, and further agree to substitute for the invalid provision a valid provision, which most closely approximates the intent and effect of the invalid provision.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. THESE GENERAL TERMS ARE MADE UNDER, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, U.S.A. The parties agree that the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (or any statutory implementation of it) and the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods will not apply with respect to these General Terms or the parties' relationship. Subject to the last sentence of this section, any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the commercial or business rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall be held in Santa Clara, California. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a party may seek preliminary judicial relief (such as a preliminary injunction) from the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California if, in its judgment, such action is necessary to avoid irreparable damage, and such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all matters relating to such preliminary relief.
15. UA Trademarks. Universal Audio, the Universal Audio “diamond” logo, Apollo, Apollo Twin, Apollo 16, Unison technology, UAD, UAD Series, UAD-1, UAD-2, UAD-2 Satellite, Powered Plug-Ins, 1176LN, 1176SE, Teletronix, LA-2A, LA-3A, LA-610, LA-610MkII, 2-1176, 2-610, 6176, 710 Twin-Finity, 2192, 4-710d, Cambridge EQ, DreamVerb, Plate 140, Precision Limiter, RealVerb Pro, Precision Buss Compressor, Precision De-Esser, Precision Maximizer, and “Analog Ears | Digital Minds,” are among the trademarks, trade names, and service marks owned by UA that may appear on the Site, many of which are registered in the United States and other countries. This is not a comprehensive list of all UA trademarks. All UA trademarks inure to the benefit of UA. Other trademarks and trade names that may appear on the Site and which are not owned by UA are owned by the respective owners.
Last Updated December 16, 2014
UA wants your opinions to be heard
We want customers to get the information they need to make smart buying choices, and we'd love to have your help doing that. As a UA customer, you can submit written reviews for items listed on uaudio.com. We encourage you to share your opinions, both favorable and unfavorable.
Who can create customer reviews?
Anyone with an active uaudio.com account. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules (see "What’s not allowed" below).
Tips on writing a great review
What's not allowed
UA is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on products. While we appreciate your time and comments, we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
If you have a question or you'd like to tell us about a specific problem with Customer Reviews, please contact us.