UAD Powered Plug-Ins Compatibility
UAD-2 and Apollo compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Preliminary testing with UAD v7.4.0 indicates no significant issues with current UAD-2 and Apollo products under Mavericks, however the issues below have been identified.
Note: Before updating to OS X Mavericks, we recommend confirming all the software and hardware you use with your system is compatible and supported by the manufacturer.
Known issues with UAD-2 and Apollo devices and OS X Mavericks
- The UAD-2 and Apollo drivers are not digitally signed for Mavericks, therefore a “Kernel extension is not from an identified developer” dialog will appear once. After clicking "OK" the software will function as expected, except as noted below.
- (Apollo Console) When the Console application is in the foreground, the Apple icon and the Console application menu in the OS X Menu Bar will be unresponsive. Additionally, when the Console application is moved to the background (by bringing a different application into the foreground), then Console is brought back to the foreground, there may be a delay before the Console application menu reappears.
Workarounds: The Apple menu can be accessed when the Console application is in the background. The Console menu functions can be accessed elsewhere in the application (exception: to quit Console, use the keyboard shortcut Command-Q).
- (Apollo/Pro Tools) On a dual-monitor setup, when the Pro Tools session window is on one display and the Console Recall plug-in is moved to the second display, the Console Recall plug-in graphic can be offset from Pro Tools’ plug-in window.
Workaround: Close then reopen the Console Recall plug-in window.
- (UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop) There are reports of this discontinued ExpressCard device not being recognized under Mavericks.
- See the UAD Version History & Release Notes page for detailed release notes, including known issues, for each UAD version.
UAD Device Compatibility
- UAD PCIe Compatibility
- UAD-2 Satellite Compatibility
- Apollo Compatibility
- Thunderbolt Compatibility
- UAD-2 Solo/Laptop Compatibility
Host Computer Compatibility
Host Application (DAW) Compatibility