UAD Registration and Authorization
- This page provides quick instructions for how to authorize your UAD device when the host computer is connected to the internet. See the offline authorization instructions if the computer is not internet-enabled.
- Chapter 2 in the UAD System Manual contains a complete overview of the UAD authorization process.
To register and authorize your UAD device when the host computer is online:
- Install UAD v5.0 (or higher) software and the UAD hardware using the procedures detailed in chapter 2 of the UAD System Manual (the UAD system must be operating properly).
- Launch the UAD Meter & Control Panel application:
Windows: Start Menu>All Programs>UAD Powered Plug-Ins>UAD Meter & Control Panel
Macintosh: Startup Disk/Applications/Powered Plug-Ins Tools/UAD Meter & Control Panel
- Click the "Plug-Ins" tab button to view the Plug-Ins control panel.
- Click the “Authorize Plug-ins...” button. The my.uaudio.com online store opens in the default web browser.
- If you are already logged in at my.uaudio.com, your card will be automatically registered and added to your “My Systems” Group, and your authorization ﬁle is generated.
- If you are not logged in at my.uaudio.com, you are prompted to log in or create an account if you do not already have one. After logging in or creating an account, your card will be automatically registered and added to your “My Systems” Group, and your authorization ﬁle is generated.
- The authorization ﬁle should begin downloading automatically to the disk location speciﬁed in the browser preferences (click the “Download Authorization” link to download the auth ﬁle if not).
- Double-click the authorization ﬁle. The authorization is loaded onto the UAD card(s) and after a few seconds the “Authorizations Updated Successfully” window appears.
The UAD device is now registered, authorized, and ready for use.