UAD Authorization (v8 software)
About Simplified UAD Authorization
- To register a new UAD-2 or Apollo device, install the latest UAD software and connect your device. A web browser opens automatically to register the new device.
- As of UAD v8 software, UAD authorization is automatic (Internet connection required). When the UAD software is updated, authorization happens in the background when the computer is started and/or when the UAD Meter & Control Panel application is opened.
- It is no longer necessary to manually authorize after updating UAD software; you can begin working immediately.
- After purchasing a UAD plug-in, the UAD software requires manual authorization. The web store guides you through the process (the procedure is also detailed below).
- For offline authorization procedures, see this page.
Manual Authorization Procedure
Note: With UAD v8, this procedure is only needed after purchasing a UAD plug-in from the UA online store.
- Open the UAD Meter & Control Panel application
Mac: Click its application icon in the Mac OS X Dock
Windows: Click through Windows Start Menu>All Programs>UAD Powered Plug-Ins>UAD Meter & Control Panel
- Open the UAD Meter's "Plug-Ins" panel
To access the panel, click the blue "UAD-2" button at the left side of the UAD Meter window as shown below.
- Click the “Authorize Plug-Ins” button
The button is located in the Plug-Ins panel within the UAD Meter & Control Panel application as shown below.
- After a few moments the Authorization Status window appears and your new plug-in is ready for use!