Complete Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (MAC)
NOTE: Before proceeding, please:
1. Download the most recent version of the UAD installer from the UAD Software Downloads page.
2. Quit the UAD Meter & Control panel application and all other applications.
3. Run a Repair Disk Permissions on your system:
a) Launch the Disk Utility application, found at: /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app
b) Select your system drive, then click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button.
After the above three steps are complete, proceed to step 1 below.
- Trash the "UAD Meter & Control Panel" caches folder by navigating to the following folder and moving it to the trash:
Startup Disk/Users/username/Library/Caches/UAD Meter & Control Panel
- Trash the 'plist' file by navigating to the following folder and moving the "com.uaudio.uad.plist" file to the trash:
- Uninstall the UAD software.
This is done by running the UAD installer again BUT this time when you get to the window for 'Custom Install' change 'Custom Install' to 'Uninstall' and then continue until uninstallation is complete.
- When uninstall is complete, perform a full shutdown of the computer then restart (it is important to power down rather than simply restarting).
- Check the following location on your computer:
Look for the following files in this folder: "UADDriver.kext" and "UAD2Pcie.kext"
If either of these files is in the specified folder then move them to the trash. If they are not there then they have been successfully removed with the uninstall process.
- Look to see if you have any UAD Meter icons on your Dock or on your Desktop. If you have one in the Dock then drag it out of the Dock to remove it. If you have one on the desktop then move it to the trash.
- Install UAD software again.
Run the UAD installer (latest version) and make sure you only select the UAD drivers for the cards you have installed in your system. The installer will default to UAD-2 drivers... only 'check/select' for the cards you have installed in the computer (UAD-1 for UAD-1 cards, UAD-2 for UAD-2 cards, if you have both cards installed then 'check/select' both drivers). Also make sure you select the correct components (AU,VST and/or RTAS).
When complete do a cold reboot (full shut down rather than restart).
- Authorize your UAD card.
Launch the UAD Meter and open the Plug Ins panel...then click the 'Authorize Plug Ins...' button to update. IMPORTANT NOTE - You must click the "Authorize Plug-Ins..." button to update. It is important that you do not login to my.uaudio and click the 'Download Authorization File' button to get a new authorization file. (The 'Download Authorization File' feature on the website is only for user running UAD software prior to version 5.0.0.)
- When complete do a cold reboot (full shut down rather than restart).