Complete Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (Windows)
Before proceeding, download the most recent version of the UAD Powered Plug-Ins installer from the UAD Software Downloads page.
- From the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs>UAD Powered Plug-Ins>Remove UAD Powered Plug-Ins (click "Yes" to confirm software removal)
- From the Windows Start Menu, select Control Panel>Device Manager
- In the Device Manager window, click the disclosure triangle icon next to the "Audio DSP Accelerator" item to expand the entry
- For each "Audio DSP Accelerator" sub-item, right-click the item and select Uninstall from the contextual menu. The Confirm Device Uninstall window appears. Click the "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox, then click OK.
- Repeat the above step for all items under the "Audio DSP Accelerator" entry (it is not necessary to restart the computer if prompted to do so until all entries are uninstalled)
- Turn off computer and remove all UAD card(s) and disconnect UAD-2 Satellite and/or Apollo (if applicable)
- Turn on computer and install the latest UAD software
- After reinstalling the software, Shutdown the computer and install the UAD card(s) and/or reconnect UAD-2 Satellite and/or Apollo
- Start the computer. After restarting, the operating system will load the new drivers.
- To authorize your UAD devices:
Launch the UAD Meter & Control Panel application and select the Plug-Ins panel; then click the 'Authorize Plug Ins...' button to generate and download a new authorization file.
- Double-click the downloaded authorization file to authorize your devices.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must click the "Authorize Plug-Ins..." button to authorize UAD devices. It is important that you do not login to my.uaudio and click the 'Download Authorization File' button to get a new authorization file.
- When complete do a cold reboot (full shut down rather than restart).