Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and
cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Current Job Opportunities
Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
The Business Intelligence Report Developer is responsible for design, development of dashboards and reporting sourced from various production systems. The successful candidate must be able to play multiple roles including architect, report developer and metadata modeler.
- Key contributor in data modeling exercises to understand and analyze how an organization should collect, update, and store data
- Define and build data pipelines from structured and semi-structured data sources, data cleansing, formatting and storing data into reporting tables (disparate systems)
- Write complex SQL queries to build extracts a variety of front end visualization tools, primarily in LOOKER
- Design, develop and deliver dashboards leveraging visualization best practices
- Track project status within Jira, set expectations and communicate with business partners, and ensure final deliverable meets business partner’s needs.
- Plan and lead the QA and UAT
- Structure the promote-to-production delivery and production support processes
- Maintain knowledge repository for both project documentation, BI and other technical skills
- 5+ years experience designing reporting data structures for analytics
- 5+ years experience with SQL databases and advanced SQL & PostgreSQL coding
- 2-5 years’ experience in business intelligence tools and packages like Looker or Tableau
- Experience working with large data sets
- Familiar with database design, schema design, data typing
- Familiarity with Big Data paradigm including knowledge of data storage & query concepts for performance optimization
- DBA & application administration knowledge/skills, desirable
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, Pipeline and S3, desirable
- Demonstrate understanding of SDLC, especially source control, change management, and promotion to production practices
- Strong data engineering experience with demonstrable skills building data pipelines from structured and semi-structured data sources, data cleansing, formatting and storing data into reporting tables
- Able to prioritize in face of multiple requests while completing deliverables on time
- Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot, track, and resolve day-to-day issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Universal Audio (UA) seeks a Product Manager with a strong background in pro audio, recording, and MI products/markets. Universal Audio makes some of the most advanced hybrid digital/analog audio products available in the market today. The position of Product Manager requires that you be adept at managing both software and hardware products. You must have outstanding communication/documentation skills and you must be able work within diverse product development teams.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be involved in the early stages of product development, including market research and customer interaction; as well as defining product requirements during the definition and design phases. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technically complex information to multiple departments, while managing the lifecycle of professional audio, recording, and music-making products.
The role of Product Manager at UA is multi-faceted. You will work within cross-functional groups in the organization to define product requirements that solve customer problems and pain points. Your primary role is to insure UA is making products that customers will love.
As a UA Product Manager, your primary deliverables include Market Requirements Documents (MRD), Product Concept Documents (PCD), Product Requirements Documents (PRD), as well as Product Briefs (to Marketing Communications) and planning presentations for executive staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the product strategy and the roadmap based on business opportunities, ROI, customer needs and market trends for Universal Audio products
- Deliver on-time definitions with prioritized products/features/workflows and corresponding business justification plan
- Work with different departments including Engineering, QA, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service & Finance to drive new product releases
- Interact with customers via available channels (pro studios, home studios, social networks, trade shows, etc.) to build products and features that solve problems for customers
- Hold regular planning meetings to continually drive the product roadmap
- Manage product lifecycles (Launch, Sustain/Update, EOL, EOS, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the music, pro audio, technology industries, or related industry
- 5+ years product management and or product marketing experience from a business-to-consumer software or hardware company
- Expert in music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, and virtual instruments
- Experience identifying customer and market pain points and building solutions to solve them
- Experience with entire product lifecycle (from concept to launch and end-of-life) for more than one product
- Expert in modern computers used for modern audio production
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences
- Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed product strategy and designs – lead through influence
- Willing to travel when necessary (Trade Shows, Competitive Evaluation, Customer Visits, CABs, Etc.)
- Retail sales experience in Pro Audio/Recording/Music
- Expertise in more than one digital audio workstation (DAW)
- Expertise in more than one major computer operating system (OS)
- Experience managing direct reports
Vice President of Engineering
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Reports to: CEO
Universal Audio is looking for a Vice President of Engineering who will use their expert level management experience to clearly set organizational direction and purpose for software and hardware products backed by a decades long legacy of innovation, superlative quality, and technical passion. You will be responsible for meeting the delivery requirements of the company roadmap while maintaining the company’s devotion to craft.
- Collaborate with Product Management to determine scope and viability of requested product features.
- Drive architecture for new products.
- Manage and direct reliability standards pertaining to the materials and techniques used in design and production.
- Establish, refine, and improve protocols and processes to support efficiency, encourage growth, and ensure success.
- Inspire highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Set goals, monitor work, mentor/coach, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating budget requirements are met.
- Promote a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, accountability and excellence.
- Maintain skilled and adequate resources for all engineering functions in the pursuit of fulfilling company goals.
- Provide technical reviews of key proposals and adapt to changing conditions.
- Manage all phases of the development lifecycle.
- 8 to 10 years delivering software/hardware products in the global professional audio or related markets.
- 8 to 10 years managing multifaceted senior level engineering teams.
- Experience shipping products with embedded processing architectures.
- Ability to demonstrate objective decision making for high level / high impact engineering issues.
- Direct experience with mixed signal audio applications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop resources, create time tables, budgets and assign tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience building teams.
- Experience coordinating resources, providing direction, making decisions and evaluating outcomes.
- Expert knowledge of Agile development methodologies and demonstrated ability to implement them.
- Expert knowledge of modern CPUs and their relevant architectures.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related area.