SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • January 23, 2014 —Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to introduce the Apollo Twin High-Resolution Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing.
This sleek 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the same high-quality 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO or DUO Processing. With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin allows Mac users to record in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins available in the UA Online Store, including titles from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more.
Apollo Twin also introduces new Unison™ technology.* Built on an integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison unlocks the authentic tone of the most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Apollo Twin will ship with Universal Audio’s "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, the all-new 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, and more.
Available in both SOLO and DUO models (with either one or two Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively), Apollo Twin is now shipping worldwide with estimated street prices of $699 (SOLO) and $899 (DUO).
* Unison Technology coming to Apollo DUO and Apollo QUAD in early 2014.
Apollo Twin Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- New Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64
- Available with either UAD-2 SOLO or UAD-2 DUO DSP processing onboard
Download the full press kit, including images, here:
Learn more about Apollo Twin here:
Learn more about the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform here:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.
©2014 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "Diamond" logo, “Apollo,” and "UAD Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.