FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases New Plug-In Titles from Softube, Brainworx, and Townsend Labs for UAD and Apollo Platforms
— Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus, Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Amp, and Ocean Way Microphone Collection all released as part of UAD Software v9.4 —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • November 14th, 2017 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.4. Alongside the new UA-developed Empirical Labs® EL8 Distressor plug-in, this latest software release also offers plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners.
(*$99 for owners of UAD Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in)
Developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus plug-in is an exacting emulation of the ultra-rare, three-channel dream machine favored by ’80s L.A. session royalty — including Michael Landau, Steve Lukather, and Dann Huff. The Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus plug-in gives you all the expansive depth of the original’s three independent bucket-brigade delay lines, along with new “plug-in-only” features, for tracks dripping with lush vibe and character.
Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus Plug-In — Key Features:
- Get thick analog chorus from three bucket-brigade delay lines, simultaneously on a single source
- Craft rich, swirling analog chorus textures on guitars, keyboards, bass, synths, and more
- Sculpt lush modulation sounds with Preset or Manual mode, each with its own LFO waveform output
- Use Preset and Manual modes together to craft your own signature chorus tones
Developed by Brainworx and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Amp is an exacting emulation of the legendary solid-state bass amp used by artists like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, No Doubt, Guns n’ Roses, and more. Famous for its bi-amplified operation and DI output, the Gallien-Krueger 800RB quickly became an industry standard for countless bassists, touring bands, and backline companies.
The Gallien-Krueger 800RB plug-in emulates the original hardware’s bi-amplified architecture, providing two different power amps — one for the lows and one for the highs. An adjustable crossover allows you to control which frequencies go to which power amp, and each has a master volume knob, making it easy to dial in just the right amount of bass or bite.
Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Amp Plug-In — Key Features:
- Record your bass through a spot-on emulation of one of the all-time classic bass amps
- Independently select Recording Chains with cabinet/microphone combos for each of the 800RB’s two amplifiers
- Shape your tone with Gallien-Krueger’s unbeatable voicing filters and 4-band EQ
- Track with authentic bass-amp feel through an Apollo interface using Unison™ technology
Developed by Townsend Labs for the Sphere L22 microphone and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Ocean Way Microphone Collection plug-in expertly captures the “best of the best” from Allen Sides’ world-renowned mic locker at Ocean Way Studios.
Featuring 12 microphones from Neumann, Sony, RCA, AKG, and more*, the Ocean Way Microphone Collection in conjunction with the Sphere L22 mic lets you change the proximity effect and polar pattern in realtime or at mixdown, as well as reduce bleed, room coloration, and feedback — before or after tracking. You can also mix two different mic models together for recordings that capture the characteristics of both microphones.
Ocean Way Microphone Collection Plug-In — Key Features:
- Accurate emulations of vintage microphones from Allen Sides’ world-renowned collection, including mics from Neumann, Sony, AKG, RCA, and more*
- Realtime UAD Processing with Universal Audio’s Apollo interface for extremely low latency
- Three-dimensional modeling emulates proximity effect, polar patterns, and other off-axis characteristics of vintage microphones with stunning accuracy
- Re-Mic Sphere tracks and select mic type, polar pattern, proximity effect, and other settings before or after tracking
*User must own the Townsend Labs Sphere L22 microphone to use the Ocean Way Microphone Collection plug-in.
Press Releases and Images for UAD Software v9.4 can be found at www.uaudio.com/press
Learn more about the latest UAD software here:
Learn more about the Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus plug-in here:
Learn more about the Gallien-Krueger 800RB Bass Amp plug-in here:
Learn more about the Ocean Way Microphone Collection plug-in here:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2017 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.