FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases A/DA Flanger and Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier Plug-Ins from Direct Developer Brainworx for UAD Platform
— Available for UA Audio Interfaces and UAD-2 hardware, new plug-ins are part of UAD Software v9.5 —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA o February 13th, 2018 - Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.5. Alongside the new UA-developed Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection plug-in, this latest software release also offers plug-in titles from UA's direct developer partner, Brainworx.
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the A/DA Flanger plug-in is an exacting emulation of this iconic, often outrageous sounding, bucket-brigade flanging pedal that gained mythical status in the late '70s and early '80s. Often referred to as "the Holy Grail of Flangers," the A/DA Flanger plug-in captures all the expansive depth of the original's Panasonic MN3010 bucket-brigade circuit, as well as plug-in-only features like tempo sync, mix control, and dual stereo modes.
A/DA Flanger Plug-In Key Features:
- Precise modeling of both an original 1979 and modern 2009 A/DA reissue in one plug-in
- Officially licensed and authenticated by A/DA Signal Processors
- Unparalleled time delay range of 40:1 for extremely wide sweeps
- Switch between odd or even harmonic emphasis for a variety of tones
- Mono or stereo operation, including stereo upmixing from mono signals
- Physical input impedance and hands-on control of gain staging with Unison™ technology
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces the Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in expertly captures all of the dynamic clean and crunch tones of the boutique, dual EL34-powered tone machine. The Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in not only captures the touch sensitive textures of the handwired hardware, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in also features Unison™ technology for UA Audio Interfaces. This means a UA Interface user's guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they're plugged into a Friedman Buxom Betty amplifier- a feature found only on UA Audio Interfaces.
Friedman Buxom Betty® Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original Friedman Buxom Betty guitar amplifier
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Friedman Amplifiers
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre- and post-amp bypass
- Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Friedman Buxom Betty amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio interfaces
Learn more about the A/DA Flanger plug-in: www.uaudio.com/ada-flanger.html
Learn more about the Friedman Buxom Betty Amplifier plug-in: www.uaudio.com/friedman-buxom-betty.html
Learn more about the UAD Software v9.5 here: www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Learn more about class-leading UA Audio Interfaces: www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: www.uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins.html
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2018 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.