FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases Suhr PT100 and bx_masterdesk from Brainworx, and Bill Putnam Mic Collection from Townsend Labs
— UAD Software v9.6 adds guitar amp, mastering suite, and microphone collection plug-ins, exclusively for UA Interfaces and UAD-2 hardware —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • August 14th, 2018 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.6. Alongside the new UA-developed Century Tube Channel Strip plug-in, this latest software release also offers plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners, Brainworx and Townsend Labs.
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Suhr PT100 Amplifier plug-in is the result of a five-year collaboration between vaunted amp designer John Suhr and world-renowned guitarist/tone aficionado Pete Thorn (Chris Cornell, Melissa Etheridge). A hot-rodded version of Suhr’s original PT100 design, it features a custom “Plexi-style” output transformer, four EL-34 power tubes, and six 12AX7 preamp tubes under the hood.
- Switch between three channels, each with a distinctive tone: American, British, and high-gain modded British
- Easily customize tones with 3-band EQ and Crunch, Boost, and Bright switches for each channel
- Unique Custom Feedback, Presence, and Depth controls to adjust amplifier response
- “Plug-in only” FX Rack for host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters and power soak, as well as preamp and power amp bypass switches
- Unison™ technology for UA interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Suhr PT100 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio interfaces
Developed by Brainworx, the bx_masterdesk plug-in offers a complete, field-tested chain of high-end analog mastering tools in a simple, easy to use interface. The bx_masterdesk features multiple levels of EQ and powerful compression, plus M/S processing, bass management, and stereo enhancement. With its low DSP footprint, intuitive layout, and comprehensive processing chain, the bx_masterdesk plug-in provides an all in one mastering suite for songwriters, bands, and professional engineers alike.
- Complete analog mastering chain in a simple, all in one plug-in
- User-friendly interface and essential controls provide an efficient mastering process
- Professional, field-proven audio processing, pre-tuned for easy and effective results
- Low DSP footprint allows processing with a single DSP chip
The Bill Putnam Mic Collection provides access to exacting emulations of rare, vintage mics which have been used to record countless iconic artists of the ‘50s, ‘60s, and ‘70s, including Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, The Beach Boys, and more. These mic emulations not only nail the classic timbres of iconic mics used by Grammy award-winning engineer Bill Putnam Sr. to track Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, and more, they also faithfully model the transient response, harmonics, proximity effect and three-dimensional polar response of the original mics.
The Bill Putnam Mic Collection plug-in is available exclusively for UA Audio Interfaces and UAD hardware combined with the the Townsend Labs Sphere L22, the first and only three-dimensional microphone-modeling product on the market.
- Record through classic and rare microphones of Bill Putnam Sr.’s legendary collection including the Telefunken Ela M 251E, AKG C12A, Neumann U47, RCA 44, and more
- Track through Putnam mic models into any UA Audio Interface with near-zero latency
- Change proximity effect in real-time, or after the recording, to match an earlier vocal take
- Adjust the polar pattern and other parameters to reduce bleed, room coloration, and feedback, before or after tracking
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
Learn more about the Suhr PT100 Amplifier plug-in:
Learn more about the bx_masterdesk plug-in:
Learn more about the Bill Putnam Microphone Collection plug-in:
Download UAD Software v9.6 here:
Learn more about class-leading UA Audio Interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2018 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.