UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator Cards
UAD-2 PCIe Cards
FANTASTIC! INCREDIBLE I USE UAD FOR MIXING ALL MY WORKS !
I HOPE TOSEE SOME NEW PLUGIN ASAP!
BEST BEST BEST REGARDS
U-audio has made incredible good sounding plug-ins. The drivers of the Uad cards have always been very good and stable. The support is also perfect!
I have to say that I don't think DSP cards are a plus this time, higher latency and limited DSP power but because of the high quality of the plug ins and the good drivers/support I'm still very happy with the product.
I thouoht the UAD-1 was great! but now the UAD-2 have blown me away!
It just doesn't get better than this with DSP Cards.I also own a TC Powercore and an SSL Duende and they don't even come close.I'm diggin the UAudio!
]keep it up guys!
great great and fantastic product... I love all the UAD Plugins, the sound is amazing...
UAD-2 is a nice product - and could be nicer if it were user-upgradeable by adding extra chips (as I have no free slots). Obviously, it won't happen, as most of us end users are just technically challenged musicians. :-D
Excelente producto. La mayoria de los plugins son verdaderamente Ãºtiles. Algunos plugins requieren demaciado dsp y una sola tarjeta se queda sin poder.
Tanto las emulaciones de equipos analÃ³gicos como las herramientas de mastering son de muy buena calidad.
Excellent product. Most plugins are actually useful. Some plugins require way too dsp and a single card runs out of power.
Both emulations of analogue and mastering tools are very good quality.
Sorry for my English
My UAD-2 is my favourite piece of gear. It has been very reliable, and the results are amazing. I eagerly anticipate UAD software updates - the Studer is great!
My go-to plug ins are the Neve EQs, LA2A/3A, Studer and the 140 Plate. Many other favorites as - well - my only complaint is that I can't afford them all :)
Would love the Satellite to work with a PC, and compressors to have a side-chain input.
Thanks UA !
I REALLY love my UAD-2 Quad and the fantastic plug-ins you have developped. If you would make them vst3-complient - and maybe 64 bit - that would be just the perfect next step. So long, keep up the great emulations. Thanks a lot!!!
I've been using UAD card since year 2001 & the quality of the hardware & plug-ins never disappoint me &. Now I'm using UAD-2 Duo & Solo in my DAW, hardware is more stable, sound quality never fail, choice of plug-ins & the costumer support is really unbeatable by others. I do mixing & mastering for a living & UAD-2 is the only plug-ins set I need. Love the Neves-88RS, LA-2A, Precision Limiter & Precision Maximizer. Who ever never tried UAD before, should give it a shot. You will not regret for the investment.
I can tell you only 1 thing, very very nice products. Only the graphic have a little problems with Sony Soundforge, but I think this isn't a problem with the UAD Plugins, the problem is Soundforge.
What i can do is give you a positiv feedback, I hope further developed on a DSP UAD plug ins, please do not stop this like Solid State Logic.
Maybe you developed a software synth in the future?
I think for this being 1/2 of what a Quad is, the price should be half the cost of a Quad card, not marked up almost $200 more.
I still have my UAD-1s (4) and like using them for four instances of the 33609 (or the Nigel, which still gets a lot of use here).
I will be adding a Quad in the near future. I own the Studer but can't use it on all tracks on a typical session and would like to be able to do that from time to time.
Finally the most powerful DSP based system around! I had the Solo and decided to pass on a Quad just because now I can finally open as many istances as I need! Really nice set up, easy workaround. Only complain is about the RTAS versions...UA let's make them Native!!
J' have used the system uad for a few year maintaining for the creation of Film music and sound illustration, I am entirely satisfied with audio universal, the quality of the plug-ins and stability makes that this system are appropriate to me perfectly in my studio. my last purchase the reverb Lexicon confirms the precision and the similarity between the plug and the model hardware.
THe UAD2 DUO card is a great value product
it includes reasonable purchase credit and a powerful card.
UAD is probably best non-native platform out there, it is working seamlessly with any DAW and provides access to a world of unparalleled vintage hardware emulation.
The card itself is a huge upgrade over the uad1 with lower latency and larger dsp, you can also seamlessly add additional cards for more processing power.
This is one plugin system you will never regret buying!
I own and operate a P/T home studio and UAD plugs have opened up a new world for mixing and mastering for me.
- Installation, registering and unlocking products is more seamless and less problematic than the other recording software products I purchase. (Cubase, Izotope Ozone, RX, Melodyne, Autotune, Addictive Drums, Ivory Pianos, EW Quantum Leap Pianos, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra, several Native instruments and Vienna Orchestral instruments.) It's really the only purchase I make that I don't dread walking through the authentication process.
- I am still working in 32 bit XP so I usually have to bounce or freeze all of my vsti tracks. But the three UAD cards I own make it possible to mix with all the plugins active that I typically use. This is a tremendous convenience and time saver and it frees me up to be creative during each phase of mixing.
- I haven't had the opportunity to work with the original hardware gear that UAD plugins are modeled after so I can't vouch for their authenticity in how they behave and sound. But I will say the quality is always very high, especially compared to many of the plugins bundled with Cubase and the many free-ware plugs on the web.
- I use the LA2A, LA3A or Fairchild along with the Pultec or Neve 1073 in nearly every vocal chain in my projects. I also find the Cooper Time Cube to be perfect for fattening up most lead vocal tracks. I typically use the Harrison on BGVs and guitars. I use the EMT reverbs exclusively. The only plug I don't find to be on par with other products I own is the Nigel.
- A bunch of great plugins don't make a great mix engineer, but I have to say as I've been learning this craft over the last 10 years, working with the UAD plugs has made it possible to bring my mixing skills and final product to a professional level I didn't think possible without a rack of outboard gear. My final mixes always exceed my client's expectations.
- The few times I've needed tech support, it has been almost immediate and very helpful. I enjoy the product demo videos as well.
Thanks and keep up the great work! MORE COUPONS and DEALS!
P.S. 3 requests
- de-breathe plugin
- add side chain functionality to some of the compressors.
- many of us use the presets as a starting point to learn to use these plugins. Clever preset names like "plant the page" are too cryptic. Descriptive names like "Snare Crack" are maybe boring, but infinitely more helpful.
This is a great tool. Sometimes plug-ins do not load in the most efficient way. Seems like some kind of "memory organizer" might help and/or something that allows the user to move a plug-in to a different, lower usage chip.
But still... UAD Rocks!
Good product with great plug-ins, BUT they are still not 64 bit for Mac users. I continue to wait and wait, but will not purchase any more of these plug-ins until I can use them in Cubase 6 64 bit on a Mac without having to resort to the VST bridge. This is 2011, not 2008, and I would have expected 64 versions before now. Cheers..........frank
I love the horsepower it adds to my system. I'm running on a Mac QuadCore with 8 gig of RAM, and with over 80 tracks running, and with over half of them with various plugins, I'm running system usage at just 27%!! The UA plugins sound great, are versatile, and help make my mixes punch! And the bundling of plugins gives me extra bang for the buck, too!
i love it. especially i love the emt plate reverb .
Great plugins, great sound, transparent and easy to use!