UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator Cards
UAD-2 PCIe Cards
Finally the most powerful DSP based system around! I had the Solo and decided to pass on a Quad just because now I can finally open as many istances as I need! Really nice set up, easy workaround. Only complain is about the RTAS versions...UA let's make them Native!!
J' have used the system uad for a few year maintaining for the creation of Film music and sound illustration, I am entirely satisfied with audio universal, the quality of the plug-ins and stability makes that this system are appropriate to me perfectly in my studio. my last purchase the reverb Lexicon confirms the precision and the similarity between the plug and the model hardware.
THe UAD2 DUO card is a great value product
it includes reasonable purchase credit and a powerful card.
UAD is probably best non-native platform out there, it is working seamlessly with any DAW and provides access to a world of unparalleled vintage hardware emulation.
The card itself is a huge upgrade over the uad1 with lower latency and larger dsp, you can also seamlessly add additional cards for more processing power.
This is one plugin system you will never regret buying!
I own and operate a P/T home studio and UAD plugs have opened up a new world for mixing and mastering for me.
- Installation, registering and unlocking products is more seamless and less problematic than the other recording software products I purchase. (Cubase, Izotope Ozone, RX, Melodyne, Autotune, Addictive Drums, Ivory Pianos, EW Quantum Leap Pianos, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra, several Native instruments and Vienna Orchestral instruments.) It's really the only purchase I make that I don't dread walking through the authentication process.
- I am still working in 32 bit XP so I usually have to bounce or freeze all of my vsti tracks. But the three UAD cards I own make it possible to mix with all the plugins active that I typically use. This is a tremendous convenience and time saver and it frees me up to be creative during each phase of mixing.
- I haven't had the opportunity to work with the original hardware gear that UAD plugins are modeled after so I can't vouch for their authenticity in how they behave and sound. But I will say the quality is always very high, especially compared to many of the plugins bundled with Cubase and the many free-ware plugs on the web.
- I use the LA2A, LA3A or Fairchild along with the Pultec or Neve 1073 in nearly every vocal chain in my projects. I also find the Cooper Time Cube to be perfect for fattening up most lead vocal tracks. I typically use the Harrison on BGVs and guitars. I use the EMT reverbs exclusively. The only plug I don't find to be on par with other products I own is the Nigel.
- A bunch of great plugins don't make a great mix engineer, but I have to say as I've been learning this craft over the last 10 years, working with the UAD plugs has made it possible to bring my mixing skills and final product to a professional level I didn't think possible without a rack of outboard gear. My final mixes always exceed my client's expectations.
- The few times I've needed tech support, it has been almost immediate and very helpful. I enjoy the product demo videos as well.
Thanks and keep up the great work! MORE COUPONS and DEALS!
P.S. 3 requests
- de-breathe plugin
- add side chain functionality to some of the compressors.
- many of us use the presets as a starting point to learn to use these plugins. Clever preset names like "plant the page" are too cryptic. Descriptive names like "Snare Crack" are maybe boring, but infinitely more helpful.
This is a great tool. Sometimes plug-ins do not load in the most efficient way. Seems like some kind of "memory organizer" might help and/or something that allows the user to move a plug-in to a different, lower usage chip.
But still... UAD Rocks!
Good product with great plug-ins, BUT they are still not 64 bit for Mac users. I continue to wait and wait, but will not purchase any more of these plug-ins until I can use them in Cubase 6 64 bit on a Mac without having to resort to the VST bridge. This is 2011, not 2008, and I would have expected 64 versions before now. Cheers..........frank
I love the horsepower it adds to my system. I'm running on a Mac QuadCore with 8 gig of RAM, and with over 80 tracks running, and with over half of them with various plugins, I'm running system usage at just 27%!! The UA plugins sound great, are versatile, and help make my mixes punch! And the bundling of plugins gives me extra bang for the buck, too!
i love it. especially i love the emt plate reverb .
Great plugins, great sound, transparent and easy to use!
I've had UAD cards since Day 1 and so far there hasn't been a single mix in our studio without UAD plugs. Meticulously recorded film soundtracks, complete studio albums, 5.1 live mixes, spoken word recordings - they all get the UAD treatment. As for the creative process, the demo stage simply doesn't exist any more: composing has blended with producing and mixing with these affordable, handy and absolutely pro sounding emulations. My favourite has to be the 1176, this is my go-to comp on most of the tracks, be they vocals or drums in need of a touch of compression or downright squashing. I love the way the Neve pack sounds, especially the 33609, which does wonders to snares. The Studer plug is sheer magic, it just glues together everything real fine - I've used it on everything I've worked on since having it. The EP-34 delay is so much fun, I just love to hear its 'tape' squeal when I change the tempo setting... The Moog filter would dirty up any sterile sounding software synth anytime - just ride that distortion button hard, baby... The Fatso, the reverbs, the EQs: I just can't speak highly enough of these plugs. The only downside is that it's too easy to get spoilt for choice. Bravo, UAD people, keep up the good work!
Long time UAD user here - from the UAD-1 Mackie days to today with a couple 1's, a Duo and a Quad in my various systems.. Plugins are an investment whether it's a waves package or a mishmash of various brands or UA stuff.. I chose the UAD platform, have had no issues to speak of and when I have, help was there fast! I recommend the UAD platform to everyone I can!
The UAD plugins are the best without a doubt. They are the ones I go to when I want the true character of the emulated hardware.
My only gripe is that I cannot use UAD plugins in an everyday environment as a producer without dealing with latency. I have the fastest Mac Tower made, and it's tricked out to the max for the best performance, but latency is just a part of the design when hardware is involved.
I unfortunately find myself needing my Audio Unit or RTAS plugins for everyday use, because I don't have time to setup all the Delay Compensation plugins, because I use a lot of plugins!
Perhaps Universal Audio can take an idea of mine, and port out the plugins to Native, and then with a switch, engage the UAD-2 cards when it's time to Mix, or at least when "we" are done tracking.
Great product, great support. I am a UAD customer a long time now and i am very happy. I just wish you could make the firewire UAD2 available for windows.
Great power and stability.
Nothing doesn't start without this.
This Card has been a real joy to work with in the studio. I think the only frustrating part of this has been the firepower that seems to dwindle less and less with each new plug in that comes out.
Because the introduction of this DSP card can achieve the same effect as the introduction of the console of high priced at a low price, it is a very wise choices!
Moreover, it liberates it from very troublesome maintenance of a high-level equipment.
You do not have the room for the selection if it thinks about the construction of a simple music production system.
I Love the Uad. I began with a uad1, then bought another. 2009 a uad2 solo and now a Quad. The Plugins are of Best quality. I Love it
I love every product you make. I use the precisionand Neve series a lot on all of my Hollywood Edge Products. It always works and sounds amazing. I would love to have the Ensoniq DP/4 as a plugin. That box still has my favorite phasers and chorus effects.
Keep up the great work!
I started with a UAD-1 card for my Mac G5 years ago, it was definitely needed to be able to run several plug-in without taxing to much the computer processors. I added the UAD-2 Solo Laptop as soon as it was released, which allowed me to be more flexible and be able to work on a MacBookPro while traveling. Needless to say when I upgraded my computer to the latest MacPro I immediately purchased the AUD-2 Duo.
The fact that UA allows me to share all the purchased plug-ins between my "big" system and the traveling one it's an invaluable plus.
The only thing I wish it was different - but wouldn't have kept me from buying the card anyway - is that when I open the plugin page I see all the plugins available, authorized and not, without distinction; it's quite a mnemonic exercise to remember and chose on the fly what I have purchased, except for the ones I use on a regular basis.
I love my UAD-2.
I love the Plugins.
I love the Lexicon 224.
I love the Analog Plugins.