Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products.
Position: Data Scientist – Online Store
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
As the Data Scientist for the online store, you will play a pivotal role, working with the Director of Marketing, product managers, software engineers, and a cross-functional team to grow Universal Audio’s business online. You will develop best in class infrastructure that is able to ingest and transform data coming from many different sources, and in many different varieties. And you will greatly influence and improve the customer experience of the world’s leading audio products website, www.uaudio.com.
Most importantly, you will help drive the operation of our online store by focusing on key metrics and advising the Online Store team based on your findings.
- Extracting and analyzing customer data from various sources to derive actionable insights
- Working with internal and external resources to deliver data-driven insights about customer behavior, web traffic, revenue, conversion, navigation, and engagement
- Formulating success metrics and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
- Designing and analyzing A/B and multivariate experiments to test new marketing / merchandising ideas online
- Setting up scalable data infrastructure
- Working closely with the Online Store team to improve the user experience on the UA website
- Developing best practices for instrumentation and experimentation, and communicating those to our cloud services team
- A BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc.
- A love for data. We are looking for people who are excited about different and unique data sets, and all the ways that they could be used in order to improve user experience.
- Expertise with data sources and tools including SQL, NoSQL, Amazon Redshift, and BI solutions like RJMetrics or Looker.
- Expert knowledge of web analytics and testing tools, including Google Analytics
- The ability to tell a story from the data you’ve analyzed. You will be expected to pull meaning from the numbers and articulate your ideas to executive staff.
- The ability to learn quickly. Our environment is fast-paced with new challenges arising every day, so you need to be quick on your feet.
- A love for music. It is at the core of what we do at Universal Audio. You don’t need to record music or even play an instrument, but music needs to be an integral part of your life. And playing an instrument doesn’t hurt, especially drums.
Position: ERP Analyst
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
The ERP Analyst will provide project coordination, functional expertise, and contribute to improvements and enhancements for mission-critical, enterprise-wide information systems. The ERP Analyst is responsible for project tracking and control for assigned modules or systems, serving as a liaison between functional and technical resources to manage the development of new system functionality, upgrades, system modifications, and day-to-day problem analysis, issue tracking, and resolution.
- Provide process leadership and support in the following functional areas
- Sales order administration, fulfilment, and shipping
- Inventory, shipping, and receiving
- Standard cost, bill of materials, routings and methods
- Scheduling and MRP
- Financial systems - GL, AP, AR, FA
- Purchasing systems
- Customer service and customer returns
- Provide process and workflow support for the following system integrations:
- Engineering PLM integration to ERP
- e-commerce/web store integration to ERP
- Adaptive Insights forecast integration to ERP
- Engage and lead cross functional teams to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and understand specific requirements such as forms of data input, how data will be summarized and used, formats for reports, etc.
- Analyze information problems, requested changes, and required modifications to develop appropriate business process solutions.
- Serve as project coordinator on enterprise-wide development projects, including development of the project plan, monitoring and reporting on project progress
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects
- Direct and coordinate the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs on a project basis.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolve issues during systems upgrades, ensure that requirements documentation is easily translated into UAT (user acceptance training)/functional test plans, and ensure that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
- Develop and manage security policies for users and systems
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business/operations analysis or a related field, with 3-7 years of experience in related positions. In lieu of the degree being in the required field, a proven track record of productivity in this field with real world work experience supporting other ERP systems will be considered. Experience working with Epicor (9 or 10) is a plus.
Position: Web Developer
Reports to: Director of Cloud Services
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
The Cloud Services group's mission is to build and deliver Web applications and services here at Universal Audio. The team is responsible for the company website, online store, and lots of exciting new services coming in the future. We’re looking to expand our team with another outstanding developer.
What you will be doing:
- Create awesome customer experiences
- Craft great code and tests
- Work in a fast moving agile team
- Own services fully from design through development and operations
What you will need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Back-end development using PHP, Python, MySQL
- Linux operations using Bash, Vagrant, Docker
- Team development using Git and modern agile tools like JIRA
- E-commerce using Magento framework
- DevOps in an AWS environment
Position: Supplier Quality/Process Manager
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Understand and solve complex issues associated with the supplier manufacturing process, quality and business inter-relationships. Person must develop supplier quality systems, metrics, manufacturing processes to effectively sustain suppliers and parts in production. Interfaces with development and supplier engineering to provide materials and components for company product manufacturing. Communicates product specifications to suppliers and assesses supplier’s ability to meet engineering and quality requirements. Evaluates suppliers’ internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation. Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program. Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.
- Take a lead role in manufacturing process and supplier selection of critical components
- Complete Production Part Qualification deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, and Process Capability Analysis
- Support transfer of parts and suppliers from NPI to sustaining production
- Provide status of the readiness (quality, capacity, delivery) of the supply chain for major production process changes.
- Drive changes and requirements as necessary by initiating and managing changes to specifications and drawings through the ECO process.
- Manage the planning and implementation of supplier change management projects using the Supplier Change Request process (SCR).
- Promote DFM enhancements by engaging suppliers and Engineering early in the development cycle to deliver feedback on manufacturability improvements in the designs prior to production. Ensure parts are specified with tolerances and criteria that is measurable, quantifiable and can be manufactured.
Data Analysis / Performance Evaluation
- Provide effective and timely supply base health information to management by creating data-driven supply base information and delivering information to any level of management with minimal guidance (including Quality Review Board).
- Develop and use measurement techniques for supplier part quality, capability, cost, capacity, and delivery by creating metrics to judge required intervention or change at a supplier or in a commodity.
- Prepare and deliver supplier communications as required by working with suppliers on scorecards, creation of Strategic Business Reviews, Supplier Summits, etc.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for cost reduction and/or quality improvement by collecting opportunities and creating tactics to present opportunities, perform research, and provide data-driven plans to management.
Quality Improvements / Performance Improvement
- Drive the commodity supply base to continually improve their business and manufacturing process performance to meet requirements for supplier excellence using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation.
- Review, analyze, and close customer complaints, manufacturing non-conformances, and first article inspections by judging risk analyses and justifications, determining corrective and preventive actions at suppliers (SCAR), looking for opportunities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence.
- Drive corrective actions by being proficient in the five whys, determining true root cause, implementing effective CLCA (closed loop corrective action) with lasting corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead the efforts in solving difficult process issues encountered in the manufacture of components and assemblies.
- Facilitate, influence and work cross-functionally to improve supplier engineering processes.
- Educate internal customers and suppliers regarding supplier quality, process and operational capabilities, best value manufacturing methods and tooling for key supplier processes.
BA or BS degree or equivalent and 8 or more years related experience in Supplier Quality Management and Engineering, with experience with contract manufacturers in the areas of PCBA, box builds, sheet metal and cosmetic requirements, plastic injection molding, Aluminum extrusions and finishing processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading supplier development or supplier quality engineering teams, or leadership of equivalent areas.
- Proven ability to drive and lead teams to solve difficult technical and process problems internally or externally.
- Proven ability to hire highly capable staff, and grow and mentor staff.
- Knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of pFMEA, process validation, inspection and test techniques.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to make effective presentations to peers and suppliers.
- Travel (25%) domestically and international may be required to manage supplier’s for auditing, assessments and other issues.