Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Position Title: Marketing Project Manager
Reports To: Marketing Communications Manager
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software platform. As Marketing Project Manager, you will assist with the execution and delivery of various marketing campaigns.
The qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful history in a similar marketing role, preferably for a software company, assisting with programs that reach new customers, and expanding customer retention and revenue growth within the existing customer base. This position requires the ability to resource, schedule, and track projects within a dynamic fast-growing company, and reports to the Marketing Communications Manager.
- Manage, schedule and track various marketing programs, both online and offline.
- Help resource and develop marketing campaign content
- Work with product management and engineering teams to ensure timely delivery of materials to and from the marketing department.
- Work with the sales and customer service teams to ensure that they are briefed on marketing programs and have the right tools to follow up as required.
- Represent our company outside of the office at external events.
- Work with web team to ensure that marketing programs are accurately reflected on our website and that all required lead acquisition components are fully in place.
- Collect information and data to produce consolidated weekly reports on marketing programs/projects.
- Assist in partner marketing programs, working with channel re-sellers.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
- Take a rag tag group of marcomm scoundrels and turn them into champions.
Experience and Required Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of Marketing experience, preferably with a software company.
- Familiarity with database marketing and online communication best practices.
- Strong negotiating skills with vendors, emphasizing that they ensure the highest quality and on-time delivery.
- Strong copy editing skills; copy writing experience a plus.
- Experience in working with and managing external vendor / partner relationships.
- Experience working on joint marketing programs with channel partners.
- Creative abilities with a solutions-oriented focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with other team members, customers, sales teams, etc.
- Highly self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Familiarity with audio and music recording a plus.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business preferred.
Position Title: Video Editor / Camera Operator
Reports To: Web & Video Producer / Creative Director
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software platform. As video editor, you will assist with the execution of various marketing video campaigns.
We are looking for a talented camera operator/video editor to shoot and assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for HD streaming online, as well as appear in company presentations and trade show events. Audio recording and mixing experience is a plus. The goal is bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces, motion graphics, and accompanying audio tracks
- Review/writing scripts and raw materials to create a shot decision list
- Trim footage segments and put together complete sequences
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, Motion)
- Experience with DAW software for minor audio recording and editing (e.g. Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Live, Audition)
- Demonstrable video editing and color correction ability with a strong portfolio
- Firm understanding of camera exposure, lighting, and composition
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc
- Familiarity with 3D, compositing, and animations
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Job Title: Product Manager
Reporting to: Director of Product Management
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Universal Audio (UA) seeks a pro audio market and recording products expert to take on the role of Product Manager. The position has two primary areas of responsibility: hardware products portfolio and their lifecycle, and the software required to support the associated hardware.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be involved in the early stages of product development, including market research and customer interaction; as well as defining product requirements during the definition and design phases. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technically complex information to multiple departments, while managing the lifecycle of professional audio and music-making products.
As a UA Product Manager, your primary deliverables include Market Requirements Documents (MRD), Product Concept Documents (PCD), Product Requirements Documents (PRD), as well as Product Briefs (to MarCom) and planning presentations.
The role of Product Manager at UA is multi-faceted. You will work within cross-functional groups in the organization to define product requirements that solve customer problems and pain points. Your primary role is to insure UA is making products that customers will love.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the product strategy and the roadmap based on business opportunities, ROI, customer needs and market trends for Universal Audio hardware & software products.
- Deliver on-time definitions with prioritized products/features/workflows and corresponding business justification.
- Work with different departments including Engineering, QA, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service & Finance to drive new product releases.
- Interact with customers via available channels (studios, homes, social networks, trade shows, etc.) to build products and features that solve problems.
- Hold regular planning meetings to continually drive the product roadmap.
- Manage product lifecycles (EOL, EOS, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the music, pro audio, technology industries, or related retail.
- Minimum of 5 years product management and or product marketing experience from a business-to-consumer software or hardware company.
- Expert in music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, and virtual instruments.
- Experience with entire product lifecycle (from concept to launch and end-of-life) for more than one product.
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills.
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to comprehend the business context and market problem that drive the building of a product.
- Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed product strategy and designs – lead through influence.
- Some travel required (trade shows, competitive evaluation, customer visits, CABs, etc.)
- Retail sales experience is a plus.
Universal Audio. Pioneering audio recording for more than 50 years.
Founded in 1958 by Bill Putnam Sr., the Universal Audio name has been synonymous with innovative recording products since its inception. A favorite engineer of Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Ray Charles and more, the late Bill Putnam Sr. was a passionate innovator who is widely regarding as the father of modern recording — with many of his legendary studio and equipment designs still in use today.
Universal Audio was re-founded in 1999 by Bill's sons, James Putnam and Bill Putnam Jr., with two main goals: to faithfully reproduce classic analog recording equipment in the tradition of their father; and to design new digital recording tools in with the sound and spirit of vintage analog technology. With nearly 90 employees and more than a decade of rapid growth, Universal Audio (UA) is today headquartered near the Silicon Valley, in Scotts Valley, California — where our classic analog gear is still hand-built, one unit at a time.
Of course, analog is only half the story. At Universal Audio, we employ the world's brightest DSP engineers and digital modeling authorities to develop our award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform, featuring the most authentic analog emulation plug-ins in the industry. Software or hardware, every UA product is backed by a 50-year legacy of innovation, superlative quality, and technical passion.
Job Title: eCommerce Web Developer/Programmer
Universal Audio is searching for an outstanding web developer to be responsible for developing and implementing innovative, reusable, secure Web-based tools for our highly successful and rapidly growing eCommerce business. The web developer would work closely with our Marketing, Sales, Engineering and IT members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies and then implement those recommendations. Design, Programming, and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Build and manage e-commerce website and internal web-based applications
- Work with other departments to identify opportunities of improvement in functionality, usability and optimization
- Develop and maintain External E-Commerce Websites, Internal Web-Based Productivity Applications Migration/Integration of Websites and Web Applications
- Work closely with Business and IT to integrate eCommerce platform into new ERP/CRM application- Netsuite or similar
- Work closely with marketing, Sales, Engineering and IT staff to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the Marketing and sales process and during development.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to users with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Develop custom software solutions which meet the functional and information requirements of the user community.
- Maintain and support existing application systems and programs.
- Integrate third-party software applications within the existing application environment.
- Develop and ensure User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) standards.
- Develop technical and user documentation for custom applications and programs.
- Develop and execute quality assurance test plans.
- Develop new technical skills, business knowledge, and process designs. Self-motivated to keep abreast of current trends and new technologies in software development.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Knowledge in all levels of the technology stack(front end, middle-tier/API, back end)
- Experience with eCommerce platform functionality and applications such as Magento
- Experience with Web Programming including PHP, ASP or JSP
- Experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities