Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Position: Embedded Linux Engineer
Do you enjoy compiling your own linux kernel? Comfortable having one foot in user space and the other in the kernel? Able to have a debate about lxc in a real-time environment? Up to the challenge of hard real-time? We're growing our platform group and looking for an experienced kernel engineer to work on modern kernels in embedded and server environments.
- Experience shipping linux running on consumer hardware
- Experience with kernel and driver development and debugging
- Experience with boot loaders, secure boot and over the air upgrade mechanisms
- BSEE or CS Degree
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Manager Business Applications
The Manager of Business Applications will work with cross-functional teams to review current process effectiveness and efficiency, recommend changes to achieve best in class performance, and work to simplify and automate processes and systems. A major element of this effort is to lead and manage the team in its implementation of Epicor ERP. This includes the validation of system requirements, vendor management and internal project resources, management of the implementation and transition process, thorough documentation throughout the project, and the management of the training for new systems.
- Discover, analyze, document, and understand how multifunctional business processes currently operate. Complete in-depth reviews and analyses to determine correct process effectiveness and recommend solutions. Recommend changes to streamline and improve process results, and get buy-in from E-Staff and functional groups. Automate processes to increase productivity, accuracy and performance.
- Partner with senior functional leaders by providing strategic direction based on thorough analyses of the problems/opportunities/challenges that impact the company. Work with functional leads to determine best practices. Develop realistic, workable solutions that support the customers' needs and implement them successfully. Communicate proactively with stakeholders and senior management regarding progress, issues, risks and risk mitigation steps.
- Manage the implementation of Epicor ERP and other automation tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and company reporting. Coordinate with functional groups and ERP Provider for resource assignments, creation of project deliverables, issue resolution and escalation
- Work with UA’s Cloud services team to develop strong and detailed interfaces between UA’s Webstore platform and its ERP. Ensure that reference information is maintained in a controlled fashion and that information is consistent between the two platforms. Assess further integration opportunities with the Epicor ERP solution.
- Develop executive-level reporting dashboards including key measurement and forecasting information for functional groups across the company. Develop distribution methodology so that management is kept informed on a consistent basis.
- Establish a detail project plan including key deliverables and available internal and external resources. Track program and project plans, milestones, deliverables, and budget.
- Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes and action items. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure that projects remain on track. Present status to steering committee and e-Staff on regular basis. Lead project status meetings; Create and manage program and project workgroups
- Follow change control processes
- Maintain project budgets including monthly accruals and forecasts. Negotiate best pricing with external vendors and ensure that they manage to budget/forecast.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale, multi-year, ERP Implementations with one or more of the following vendors: SAP, Oracle, Sage, NetSuite, Epicor(preferred) and Microsoft.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, with proven history of successful project management
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large complex infrastructure and software development projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change management
- Working knowledge of PMI/PMBOK Methodology; PMP or Similar Certification Preferred
- Hardware Product Company experience including MRP, Demand Assessment and Supply Chain Management
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Established leadership skills in a matrix organization structure
- Strong understanding of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will oversee all accounting functions for Universal Audio Inc. The Controller will be tasked with building the accounting team and implementing systems, policies and procedures to enable best in class Business Controls and Financial Reporting. This position develops and maintains close collaboration with functional groups to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and optimization of business performance.
- Lead all accounting activities, including month-end close process, payroll/commissions, AR/AP, cash management and forecasting, stock option accounting, taxes and financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations.
- Partner with CFO and Functional VP’s to understand and explain actual performance and variances between actual results vs. financial forecasts and prior year results.
- Manage initial team of 2-3 accounting professionals. Set priorities and goals for the department. Hire new employees, and develop and mentor members of the accounting team.
- Manage external auditors and ensure completeness of all documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews. Ensure that the company is prepared, audits are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, and that follow-up actions are completed as necessary.
- Take a leadership role in the implementation of the new ERP system for accounting and finance areas. Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually improved and streamlined to achieve greater control effectiveness and efficiency, as well as improved accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting. Ensure that design and operational effectiveness of internal controls is maintained.
- Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the company. Stay abreast of latest accounting guidance likely to affect the company. Keep CFO and executive staff informed of the impacts of changing guidance; propose and implement strategies/processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage the company’s Capitalization Table. Implement Equity Edge or equivalent tool for tracking of employee options, other stock transactions, stock based compensation, equity roll-forward and the overall cap table. Work with Legal and Human Resources to ensure that equity communications and documentation are processed on a timely basis. Maintain required equity accounting analyses and ledger entries. Develop required pro-forma reporting.
- Generate account reconciliations by entity for balance sheet, income statement and intercompany accounts. Include relevant factors including historical actuals, agings and other risk/valuation factors. Review reconciliations and actuals with CFO on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting on a global basis. Propose strategies to ensure that the company’s domestic and global operations are structured in a tax-effective manner. Ensure that all required filings and tax payments are processed on a timely basis.
- Assist CFO in managing external accounting and finance relationships including: banking, credit card, third-party accounting firms, tax and insurance programs.
- Develop, monitor and update the companies critical accounting policies including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, stock based compensation, inventory and warranty. Develop and maintain analyses to support accurate and appropriate reserves, accruals and allowances.Review approach and policies with auditors to ensure that they are in line with audit requirements and expectations.
- Work with other members of finance team to help prepare annual operating plan, forecasts, and board and investor materials.
- Support the CFO on key financial analyses and decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- CPA certification and audit experience; Big 4 background a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of total work experience; 5 years of experience at a management level
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, including revenue recognition and equity accounting.Working knowledge of SOX 404 compliance, and internal controls
- Experience implementing and upgrading mid-range ERP software systems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, initiative, and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.Proven leader who can work collaboratively, build, manage and motivate a team of accounting staff,and build strong relationships across the Company.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Universal Audio Creative Director
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software plug-in platform.
The Creative Director architects the visual communications for the Universal Audio brand. He/she will work with Director of Marketing, Director of Product Management, and other key stakeholders to help shape messages for customers, with an emphasis on creative and compelling results.
The ideal candidate is music and technology savvy, and able to amplify the creative abilities of internal staff including direct report front-end web developer(s), graphic designer, multimedia artist, and video producer. This is a hands-on, direct-contributor position, and the ideal candidate will take pride in working to elevate the Universal Audio brand to elegantly achieve business objectives.
Responsible for the look and feel of the Unversal Audio brand across all mediums (online, video, print, collateral, point-of-purchase, events, etc). Oversee the ideation, presentation and execution of all marketing communications campaigns; and lead the in-house creative team, including design, video and web, as well as external contractors/agencies as needed.
- Ensure that the Universal Audio brand is visually and aesthetically positioned as a market leader in audio and music production • Maintain consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Deliver strategic design solutions that attain marketing and communications objectives
- Listen, ask, hear, prioritize and translate product marketing input, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions to gather input, perspective, from a wide range of contributors and distill this input into creative efforts
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the overall marketing function
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
- Ensure the professional development and readiness of the creative team
- Superior understanding of advertising, marketing principles, marcomm strategies and tactics, and particularly web and interactive media
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design
- Effective problem solving, management, coaching and motivational skills. Excellent planning, communication, and follow-through
- Supervisory experience of creative staff, including temporary staff
- Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative concepting
- Thorough understanding of art direction and design principles across media • Expert-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Professional experience working with agency-caliber video production / motion graphics teams
- Knowledge of professional and MI audio industry, customers, competitors and channel partners is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Fine Arts or related field, equivalent visual design and management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading creative concepting in an agency or client-side marketing department
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Extensive experience and strong portfolio in print / web / interactive
IMPORTANT: Please include link to online portfolio with resume. Applications and resumes without portfolio will not be considered. Be sure to add the accompanying job title in the Subject line.
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Please do not call to inquire about the position. No agencies please.