Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Position: Commodity Manager EMS/Contract Manufacturing
Overview: Universal Audio has a rich heritage in the recording industry since 1958. This is a highly collaborative and challenging position working with leading audio designers, engineers and global supply chain. Apply for this job if playing a key role in bringing some of the best products to musicians and recording artists around the world appeals to you.
Summary of Position: The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the procurement of box build level audio products through our global supply chain. This entails the oversight of each phase of the product lifecycle from new product introduction to sustaining production orders to EOL, while at each phase measuring, evaluating and correcting CM progress based on key metrics. Your ongoing goal is to ensure product is delivered on time in the right quantities in a cost effective manner. Needs to possess a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills.
Key High Level Skills: Planning, Negotiating, Evaluating, Problem-Solving, Reporting.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an exceptional aptitude for the following:
- Planning: MRP planning, rescheduling, coordinating global supply chain activities, evaluating supplier progress, develop and manage BOM level material plans to offset long lead times prior to CM award, interpreting supplier reports, negotiating for revised schedules and the ability to rapidly engineer alternate solutions when plans go awry.
- Purchasing: RFQ’s, RFI’s, RFP’s, due diligence, collaboration, evaluating true cost and overall metrics, persuasion. Seek opportunities to leverage spend and volume to reduce future price increase risk. Negotiate the lowest total cost of ownership for assigned commodities. Recommend cost saving proposals.
- Inventory Level Management: The right quantities in the right place at the right time.
- Supplier Management: Working with global partners, evaluating and compensating for supplier weaknesses and strengths, able to communicate persuasively, coordinate schedules and deliverables, and routinely publish key supplier metrics. Work with suppliers to increase value, quality, delivery performance and technology solutions to benefit business. Establish plans to mitigate risk associated with purchased goods.
- Information Management: Detailed schedule analysis and reporting, presenting cost opportunities and variances in a professional and compelling manner, work with ERP tools and reports such as MRP, BOMs, PO Management andItem Masters.
- Financial Analysis: Strong financial acumen - must be able to undertake spend analysis, inventory level analysis, understand the sources of the data, detect and correct anomalies in erroneous reporting, produce compelling and insightful reports.
- BS in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- 5 years’ experience managing EMS/CMS suppliers at box build levels
- Demonstrated experience managing outsourcing projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Strong supplier & project management experience
- Experience in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing global suppliers
- Understanding of Total Cost Analysis and Project Management Methodologies
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will oversee all accounting functions for Universal Audio Inc. The Controller will be tasked with building the accounting team and implementing systems, policies and procedures to enable best in class Business Controls and Financial Reporting. This position develops and maintains close collaboration with functional groups to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and optimization of business performance.
- Lead all accounting activities, including month-end close process, payroll/commissions, AR/AP, cash management and forecasting, stock option accounting, taxes and financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations.
- Partner with CFO and Functional VP’s to understand and explain actual performance and variances between actual results vs. financial forecasts and prior year results.
- Manage initial team of 2-3 accounting professionals. Set priorities and goals for the department. Hire new employees, and develop and mentor members of the accounting team.
- Manage external auditors and ensure completeness of all documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews. Ensure that the company is prepared, audits are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, and that follow-up actions are completed as necessary.
- Take a leadership role in the implementation of the new ERP system for accounting and finance areas. Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually improved and streamlined to achieve greater control effectiveness and efficiency, as well as improved accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting. Ensure that design and operational effectiveness of internal controls is maintained.
- Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the company. Stay abreast of latest accounting guidance likely to affect the company. Keep CFO and executive staff informed of the impacts of changing guidance; propose and implement strategies/processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage the company’s Capitalization Table. Implement Equity Edge or equivalent tool for tracking of employee options, other stock transactions, stock based compensation, equity roll-forward and the overall cap table. Work with Legal and Human Resources to ensure that equity communications and documentation are processed on a timely basis. Maintain required equity accounting analyses and ledger entries. Develop required pro-forma reporting.
- Generate account reconciliations by entity for balance sheet, income statement and intercompany accounts. Include relevant factors including historical actuals, agings and other risk/valuation factors. Review reconciliations and actuals with CFO on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting on a global basis. Propose strategies to ensure that the company’s domestic and global operations are structured in a tax-effective manner. Ensure that all required filings and tax payments are processed on a timely basis.
- Assist CFO in managing external accounting and finance relationships including: banking, credit card, third-party accounting firms, tax and insurance programs.
- Develop, monitor and update the companies critical accounting policies including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, stock based compensation, inventory and warranty. Develop and maintain analyses to support accurate and appropriate reserves, accruals and allowances.Review approach and policies with auditors to ensure that they are in line with audit requirements and expectations.
- Work with other members of finance team to help prepare annual operating plan, forecasts, and board and investor materials.
- Support the CFO on key financial analyses and decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- CPA certification and audit experience; Big 4 background a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of total work experience; 5 years of experience at a management level
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, including revenue recognition and equity accounting.Working knowledge of SOX 404 compliance, and internal controls
- Experience implementing and upgrading mid-range ERP software systems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, initiative, and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.Proven leader who can work collaboratively, build, manage and motivate a team of accounting staff,and build strong relationships across the Company.
Position: Director of Human Resources
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Human Resources is the senior HR professional at Universal Audio and is responsible for providing worldwide human resources leadership for the business. The Director plays a critical role in driving human capital strategies to attract, motivate, develop and retain top employees in support of the vision of the company.
- Develop and deploy HR strategy in support of the company’s business goals and serve as the primary HR business partner for company management. Champion a culture that drives innovation and employee engagement and partner with executive staff and managers to grow diverse leadership, talent and technical capability in the business.
- Ensure coordination of HR strategies and processes across the organization. Develop and implement structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance. Develop effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Lead company talent recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes. Support hiring managers in building candidate pools, tracking incoming applicants, communicating directly with applicants throughout stages of the interview process, conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations. Coach and develop hiring managers to ensure that they utilize best practices related to recruitment, sourcing and interviewing and make strong hiring decisions.
- Provide group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem solving, and performance management.Implement global/standardized HR processes, while tailoring policies and processes for local legal and cultural requirements. Play a consultative role in employee communication initiatives within functional groups. Provide management with guidance and interpretation on HR Policy.
- Take the lead in establishing employee benefits programs. Ensure that the company’s benefits offerings are competitive with other technology companies in the area. Negotiate benefit offerings and rates with carriers and brokers. Develop and implement employee events and programs to optimize company culture, teamwork employee health and cross-functional cohesion.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for HR, Health Benefits, 401K and other benefit offerings. Generate analyses and propose strategies that foresee and avoid potential future regulatory issues. Partner with legal to file required regulatory filings.
- Develop and implement performance, career management and compensation review structures and processes that optimize value contribution, identify and resolve issues, ensure that compensation structures are competitive, and reward and recognize high performance, innovation and creativity. Ensure implementation of key processes and capabilities to support company learning and growth.Act as coach and source of advice on performance and employee relations related issues and hold others accountable for acting in accord with the corporate values. Implement programs to retain top performers.
- Manage HR department to ensure that day to day operational activities are maintained, including: onboarding/ offboarding, promotions, payroll, benefits, PTO, LOA, performance appraisals, etc. Create & maintain personnel files, ensuring confidentiality and compliance of all documents and administering appropriate record retention and purging.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or related area of focus; advanced degree or professional certificationis preferred.A minimum of 10 years of total business experience, with 6 years of applicable HR business partner experience, and 4 years of experience leading and managing teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and influencing skills and demonstrated sense of urgency.Ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and maintain strong, effective partner relationships.A strategic thinker, big picture orientation, collaborator, intellectually curious, prudent risk taker and must demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Strong knowledge of leading talent acquisition and management philosophies, managerial and leadership coaching skills, team and organizational dynamics assessment and development, and employee relations.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Position: Repair Technician
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software platform. Within this role, you will support all aspects of repair and testing including but not limited to, analog and digital audio electronics, debug and repair of production units, returned customer units (RMA), PCB rework, data entry and inventory control as needed. This position reports to the Director of Service and Support.
- Repair customer owned units within specified metrics
- Evaluate sales returns and recondition units for B stock
- Provide technical support to external repair technicians on the phone and via email
- Develop, refine and improve repair and service documentation including:
- Service Manuals
- Technical Bulletins
- Repair troubleshooting aids
- Process documentation
- Evaluate and maintain service parts inventories internally and at ARC’s.
- Evaluate Warranty Claim Forms from ARC’s
- Keep track of all parts requested through material transfers request (MTR) maintaining accurate inventory control.
- Maintain repair database and report defects to management on a weekly basis.
- Be able to multitask and work cooperatively with all departments.
Required Skills and Experience
- ASEET or Equivalent
- 5-7 years of Analog and Digital related debug and repair experience, preferably in the audio industry
- Must be proficient using lab equipment (i.e. Oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators and Audio Precisions) and hand tools.
- Functional audio related testing experience and knowledge using Audio Precision equipment a plus
- Knowledge of both analog and digital audio circuits, concepts and products
- Must demonstrate ability to read schematics, signal flow and block diagrams.
- Functional audio related testing experience and knowledge using Audio Precision equipment a plus
- Excellent rework skills soldering/de-soldering of through hole and SMT components
- Excellent troubleshooting skills down to component level
- Proficient use of lab equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, DMM, function generators)
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize as well as work under pressure
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit for extended times
- Able to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Customer Service Representative
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Advanced Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications “DAW” for use with Universal Audio products (i.e. Cubase, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, etc.)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and configuring MAC and PC based computers
- Knowledge of recording studio hardware/software signal routing principles, and modern recording techniques
- Knowledge of music production, sound design, basic principals of sound
- Assist all Universal Audio customers and incoming inquiries as required
- Communicate directly with customers either by telephone, through email, or service requests
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries, complaints, and service requests
- Handle and resolve or appropriately escalate customer complaints, striving to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Process replacement parts orders
- Provide customers with presales product and service information Provide support to customers to help resolve potential account issues
- Manage customers' accounts
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments as required
- Handle all Return Material Authorizations (RMA) for defective products
- Coordinate the handling of RMA, and service requirements through the distribution channel
- Maintain accuracy of transactions through the service parts warehouse, and RMA procedures by adhering to procedures and processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Communication skills – English, German, French, verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data Collection
- Ability to translate support transactions and provide data collection to categorize interactions
- Adaptable, initiative, tolerant, empathetic, and with a positive approach to customers needs
Position: Universal Audio Creative Director
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software plug-in platform.
The Creative Director architects the visual communications for the Universal Audio brand. He/she will work with Director of Marketing, Director of Product Management, and other key stakeholders to help shape messages for customers, with an emphasis on creative and compelling results.
The ideal candidate is music and technology savvy, and able to amplify the creative abilities of internal staff including direct report front-end web developer(s), graphic designer, multimedia artist, and video producer. This is a hands-on, direct-contributor position, and the ideal candidate will take pride in working to elevate the Universal Audio brand to elegantly achieve business objectives.
Responsible for the look and feel of the Unversal Audio brand across all mediums (online, video, print, collateral, point-of-purchase, events, etc). Oversee the ideation, presentation and execution of all marketing communications campaigns; and lead the in-house creative team, including design, video and web, as well as external contractors/agencies as needed.
- Ensure that the Universal Audio brand is visually and aesthetically positioned as a market leader in audio and music production • Maintain consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Deliver strategic design solutions that attain marketing and communications objectives
- Listen, ask, hear, prioritize and translate product marketing input, marketing goals and information into strategic brand concepts
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions to gather input, perspective, from a wide range of contributors and distill this input into creative efforts
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as a leader of a creative team, and as a member of the overall marketing function
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution
- Ensure the professional development and readiness of the creative team
- Superior understanding of advertising, marketing principles, marcomm strategies and tactics, and particularly web and interactive media
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design
- Effective problem solving, management, coaching and motivational skills. Excellent planning, communication, and follow-through
- Supervisory experience of creative staff, including temporary staff
- Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative concepting
- Thorough understanding of art direction and design principles across media • Expert-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Professional experience working with agency-caliber video production / motion graphics teams
- Knowledge of professional and MI audio industry, customers, competitors and channel partners is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Fine Arts or related field, equivalent visual design and management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading creative concepting in an agency or client-side marketing department
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Extensive experience and strong portfolio in print / web / interactive
IMPORTANT: Please include link to online portfolio with resume. Applications and resumes without portfolio will not be considered. Be sure to add the accompanying job title in the Subject line.
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Please do not call to inquire about the position. No agencies please.