Universal Audio Jobs
If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Job Title: Algorithm Engineer
At Universal Audio we employ the world's brightest engineers and digital modeling authorities to develop award-winning audio signal plug-ins. We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable algorithm engineer. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position at an exciting and growing audio company, we would like to hear from you.
POSITION: DSP Algorithm Engineer
LOCATION: Scotts Valley, CA
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: BS, MS
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A passion and interest in music and audio.
- BS with 4+ years experience DSP development, MS or PhD preferred.
- Experience with filter design, sampling theory, and DSP.
- Ability to perform circuit analysis for passive and active systems.
- Awareness of nonlinear models for silicon and magnetic devices.
- Experience with audio signal processing, incl. dynamics, filtering, modulated delays, feedback systems, etc.
- Exposure to state-space and lattice structures, and basic control theory.
- Awareness of iterative solution methods for nonlinear systems.
- Experience with finite word-length artifacts in signal processing.
- Facility working in MATLAB, scipy, or similar computing environment.
- Experience with C, C++.
- Exposure to coding for DSP processors. SHARC experience preferred.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working independently to carry out algorithm design projects based on product specifications.
- Design and implementation of novel signal processing methods and structures for modeling audio circuitry.
- Implementation and integration of algorithms into an existing software framework.
- DSP porting and resource optimization.
- Management of development and test schedules.
- Collaboration with product management, SQA, customer support, and marketing.
Job Title: Product Manager
Reporting to: Director of Product Management
Location: Scotts Valley, California
Universal Audio (UA) seeks a pro audio market and recording products expert to take on the role of Product Manager. The position has two primary areas of responsibility: hardware products portfolio and their lifecycle, and the software required to support the associated hardware.
As a member of the Product Management team, you will be involved in the early stages of product development, including market research and customer interaction; as well as defining product requirements during the definition and design phases. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technically complex information to multiple departments, while managing the lifecycle of professional audio and music-making products.
As a UA Product Manager, your primary deliverables include Market Requirements Documents (MRD), Product Concept Documents (PCD), Product Requirements Documents (PRD), as well as Product Briefs (to MarCom) and planning presentations.
The role of Product Manager at UA is multi-faceted. You will work within cross-functional groups in the organization to define product requirements that solve customer problems and pain points. Your primary role is to insure UA is making products that customers will love.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the product strategy and the roadmap based on business opportunities, ROI, customer needs and market trends for Universal Audio hardware & software products.
- Deliver on-time definitions with prioritized products/features/workflows and corresponding business justification.
- Work with different departments including Engineering, QA, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service & Finance to drive new product releases.
- Interact with customers via available channels (studios, homes, social networks, trade shows, etc.) to build products and features that solve problems.
- Hold regular planning meetings to continually drive the product roadmap.
- Manage product lifecycles (EOL, EOS, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the music, pro audio, technology industries, or related retail.
- Minimum of 5 years product management and or product marketing experience from a business-to-consumer software or hardware company.
- Expert in music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, and virtual instruments.
- Experience with entire product lifecycle (from concept to launch and end-of-life) for more than one product.
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills.
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to comprehend the business context and market problem that drive the building of a product.
- Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Able to rally and gain backing from internal stakeholders in order to build organizational support for the proposed product strategy and designs – lead through influence.
- Some travel required (trade shows, competitive evaluation, customer visits, CABs, etc.)
- Retail sales experience is a plus.
Universal Audio. Pioneering audio recording for more than 50 years.
Founded in 1958 by Bill Putnam Sr., the Universal Audio name has been synonymous with innovative recording products since its inception. A favorite engineer of Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Ray Charles and more, the late Bill Putnam Sr. was a passionate innovator who is widely regarding as the father of modern recording — with many of his legendary studio and equipment designs still in use today.
Universal Audio was re-founded in 1999 by Bill's sons, James Putnam and Bill Putnam Jr., with two main goals: to faithfully reproduce classic analog recording equipment in the tradition of their father; and to design new digital recording tools in with the sound and spirit of vintage analog technology. With nearly 90 employees and more than a decade of rapid growth, Universal Audio (UA) is today headquartered near the Silicon Valley, in Scotts Valley, California — where our classic analog gear is still hand-built, one unit at a time.
Of course, analog is only half the story. At Universal Audio, we employ the world's brightest DSP engineers and digital modeling authorities to develop our award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform, featuring the most authentic analog emulation plug-ins in the industry. Software or hardware, every UA product is backed by a 50-year legacy of innovation, superlative quality, and technical passion.
Job Title: Director of Service & Support
Reporting to: VP of Sales &Marketing
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software platform. As Director of Service & Support, you will develop policies, programs, and procedures to ensure channel partner and customer satisfaction. In-depth knowledge of professional audio / music recording technology and production is a must.
Manage Service & Support: Develop and implement procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Support & Repair Departments.
Monitor Results: Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time service and customer satisfaction, with a goal of highest possible NPS.
Train: Set performance standards to meet the service goals of the company. Coach Customer Support Team in order to achieve highest performance. Structure the transfer of information from Product Management and Marketing departments to establish a training agenda for department members.
Scale The Operation: Establish authorized service centers by setting guidelines, standard repair fees, up-to-date service docs, and logistics for parts and spares.
Close The Loop: Provide feedback to the Engineering and QA departments regarding customer concerns or service failures. Provide feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers and channel partners have accurate and timely information on RMA status.
Best Practices: Work continually towards departmental development, in order to stay current on customer service and repair best practices.
UA’s Director of Service & Support must oversee customer satisfactionas well as channel partner repair issues, and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- 5+ years of customer support management experience within the pro audio industry.
- 5+ years of hardware repair and service management experience.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Customer service systems development and deployment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strength as a negotiator.
- Employee training and personnel development experience.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Deep understanding of professional audio/music recording and production.
- Strong player on high performance team.
Job Title: eCommerce Web Developer/Programmer
Universal Audio is searching for an outstanding web developer to be responsible for developing and implementing innovative, reusable, secure Web-based tools for our highly successful and rapidly growing eCommerce business. The web developer would work closely with our Marketing, Sales, Engineering and IT members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies and then implement those recommendations. Design, Programming, and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Build and manage e-commerce website and internal web-based applications
- Work with other departments to identify opportunities of improvement in functionality, usability and optimization
- Develop and maintain External E-Commerce Websites, Internal Web-Based Productivity Applications Migration/Integration of Websites and Web Applications
- Work closely with Business and IT to integrate eCommerce platform into new ERP/CRM application- Netsuite or similar
- Work closely with marketing, Sales, Engineering and IT staff to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the Marketing and sales process and during development.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to users with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Develop custom software solutions which meet the functional and information requirements of the user community.
- Maintain and support existing application systems and programs.
- Integrate third-party software applications within the existing application environment.
- Develop and ensure User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) standards.
- Develop technical and user documentation for custom applications and programs.
- Develop and execute quality assurance test plans.
- Develop new technical skills, business knowledge, and process designs. Self-motivated to keep abreast of current trends and new technologies in software development.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Knowledge in all levels of the technology stack(front end, middle-tier/API, back end)
- Experience with eCommerce platform functionality and applications such as Magento
- Experience with Web Programming including PHP, ASP or JSP
- Experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Job Title: Analog/Digital Hardware Technician
Universal Audio is one of the most respected names in professional audio and music recording products, with a 50-year legacy of traditional hand-built analog studio equipment, and the industry-standard DSP hardware/software platform. As the Analog/Digital Hardware Technician you will support all aspects of repair and testing including but not limited to, analog and digital audio electronics debug and repair of production units, returned customer units (RMA), PCB rework, data entry and inventory control as needed. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- As the repair technician you will ensure all production repairs meet schedules and requirements.
- Maintain customer returned (RMA) unit’s turnaround time within company standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Must demonstrate ability to read schematics, signal flow and block diagrams.
- Must be proficient using lab equipment (i.e. Oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators and Audio Precisions) and hand tools.
- Must possess excellent rework abilities of through hole and SMT components as well as ability to assemble and disassemble hardware units.
- Provides support to production test and assembly as required including the functional audio testing of all of our products.
- Keep track of all parts requested through material transfers request (MTR) maintaining accurate inventory control.
- Maintain repair database and report defects to management on a weekly basis.
- Be able to multitask and work cooperatively with all departments.
Required Skills and Experience
- ASEET or Equivalent
- 3-5 years of Analog and Digital related debug and repair experience, preferably in the audio industry
- Knowledge of both analog and digital audio circuits, concepts and products a plus
- Functional audio related testing experience and knowledge using Audio Precision equipment a plus
- Excellent rework skills soldering/de-soldering of through hole and SMT components
- Excellent troubleshooting skills down to component level
- Proficient use of lab equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, DMM, function generators)
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize as well as work under pressure
- Computer literate (word, excel, outlook)