SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • September 22, 2014 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to announce the new line of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators, shipping early October.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with rich, DSP-intensive plug-ins. These desktop-friendly units provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, SSL, and more.
Available in QUAD or OCTO models with a choice of four or eight SHARC processors, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe cards and Thunderbolt-enabled Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, Apollo, and Apollo 16 — for truly scalable mixing power.
For an immediate out-of-the-box mixing experience, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are available in Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom adds a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes more than 79 UA-developed plug-ins — up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Street Pricing
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - QUAD Core ($999)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - QUAD Custom ($1,399)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Core ($1,499)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Custom ($1,899)
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt - OCTO Ultimate ($5,999)
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on Macs for improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp & EQ and Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter, Pultec Pro Equalizers, UA Precision Enhancer Hz, CS-1 Precision Channel, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Available with Core, Custom, and Ultimate 3 software packages
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) with a qualified Thunderbolt PCIe chassis, UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Fan-free construction for quiet operation
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
Learn more about UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt here:
Download hi-resolution images here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” www.uaudio.com.