FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Announces New Apollo X Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interfaces for Mac and Windows
— Apollo X allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track and mix with world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core DSP processing, and 7.1 Surround Sound monitoring —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • September 6, 2018 — Universal Audio is proud to introduce the Apollo X Series of Thunderbolt 3 rackmount audio interfaces — the biggest leap forward for their award-winning Apollo line in history — available now for Mac* and Windows users worldwide.
Featuring all-new, elite-class A/D and D/A conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time — the Apollo X range is further distinguished by its ability to run Unison mic preamp models from Neve, Manley, API, Helios, and SSL,** plus selectable +24 dBu operating levels, and comprehensive Surround Sound monitoring support for 5.1 and 7.1 formats.†
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
- Switchable +24 / +20 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
- Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more
Apollo | x16 — $3,499
The flagship Apollo x16 boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB) of any Thunderbolt audio interface on the market. This 18 x 20 interface is the perfect solution for commercial studios, mix rooms, and post production facilities.
Apollo | x8p — $2,999
Apollo x8p features eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, allowing producers and engineers to track drums and larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more. With 129 dB dynamic range and switchable +24 dBu headroom settings, the 18 x 22 Apollo x8p rivals any high-end converter on the market.
Apollo | x8 — $2,499
Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, making it the ideal studio centerpiece for music producers, project, and post-production studios. Apollo x8 provides elite-class 129 dB dynamic range, switchable +24 dBu operation, and 18 x 24 connectivity.
Apollo | x6 — $1,999
Apollo x6 is ideal for electronic music producers and post-production studios, featuring two Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs, 129 dB dynamic range, 5.1 Surround support, and 16 x 22 connectivity.
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2018 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.