FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases New Apollo x4 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
— Apollo x4 delivers award-winning Apollo X conversion with four Unison mic preamps and Realtime UAD Processing to your desktop —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • October, 22nd, 2019 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to release Apollo x4 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface. With elite-class A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from the award-winning Apollo X rackmount interfaces, four Unison-enabled mic preamps, and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac and Windows, Apollo x4 is the world’s most advanced desktop audio interface.
Apollo x4 allows musicians and producers to easily track, overdub, and mix larger projects with award-winning Apollo X conversion. Built for musical collaboration, this 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 desktop interface features dual front-panel Hi-Z inputs and four mic preamps with 127 dB dynamic range, plus Realtime UAD Processing via built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP — letting users track and mix with the full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins with near-zero latency.
A powerful feature exclusive to UA audio interfaces, Unison technology gives Apollo x4 mic preamps the exact impedance characteristics, gain stage “sweet spots”, and unique circuit behaviors of the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes — including genuine emulations from API, Neve, Manley, SSL, UA and more.
With its unrivaled dynamic range, Realtime UAD Processing, and a host of included UAD plug-in titles via the Analog Classics Plus Bundle, Apollo x4 confidently outperforms everything in its class, giving users a fully-stocked analog studio right on their desktop, that’s made to collaborate.
- Flagship 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 desktop audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from acclaimed Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic/line preamps offering stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 front-panel Hi-Z instrument inputs and 2 independent headphone outputs
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Includes monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital I/O via Optical ADAT/SPDIF input and output
- Includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 compressors, plus Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
Download images and press materials here:
Learn more about Apollo x4:
Learn more about UA Audio Interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.