FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases LUNA Recording System
— The first recording platform with deep Apollo integration, LUNA features built-in instruments and extensions from Neve, Moog, Studer, and more —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • April 7th, 2020 Universal Audio (UA), a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to release LUNA Recording System, a groundbreaking music production workstation shaped by over 60 years of analog exploration.
Available for download and free for all Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and Arrow owners,* LUNA transforms UA's industry-standard Apollo into the most inspiring and fully integrated recording system available.
Deep Apollo Integration for a Fast, Natural Workflow
LUNA gives Apollo owners the fastest recording environment for music production, editing, and mixing. LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring™ gives users seamless hardware-software integration for capturing audio through UAD plug-ins with no discernible latency, offering Apollo owners the most natural, analog-style workflow of any DAW available.
All-New LUNA Instruments & Extensions
Rounding out LUNA’s featureset at launch is a full suite of built-in instruments and extensions, created in collaboration with the biggest brands in audio. From integrated Studer multitrack tape and genuine Neve summing, to all-new LUNA Instruments from Moog, UA, Spitfire Audio, and more, LUNA brings Universal Audio’s expertise in modeling, sampling, and synthesis to the forefront of audio production.**
LUNA Recording System — Key Features:
- Free UA recording application for all macOS-based Thunderbolt Apollo and Arrow users
- Accelerated Realtime Monitoring™ provides analog-style tracking and overdubbing
- Deep Apollo and Arrow integration for a fast, natural workflow
- Built-in Neve® Summing extension for instant classic console sound
- Integrated Oxide and Studer® multitrack tape delivers warmth and punch on demand
- All-new LUNA Instruments include Ravel™ grand piano, Moog® Minimoog, and Shape™ creative toolkit
- Unlimited track count, or as many as your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac will handle
- Contextual editing and browsing — the system intelligently switches tools and viewing modes based on workflow
- Runs all UAD and Audio Units (AU) plug-ins and instruments
- Session Auto-Save — LUNA is constantly saving, so you'll never lose your work again
- AAF imports allow you to import sessions from other major DAWs using the industry-standard Advanced Authoring Format (AAF)
*LUNA is currently available as a free download for all Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and Arrow audio interface owners for macOS systems only. LUNA is not compatible with Apollo FireWire or Apollo Twin USB.
**LUNA Recording System includes ARP, Shape, and Oxide Tape Recorder. All other plug-ins, Extensions, and Instruments sold separately at www.uaudio.com.
Download LUNA press materials:
Download the free LUNA application:
Learn more about the LUNA Recording System:
Learn more about UA Audio Interfaces:
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware, award-winning line of Apollo audio interfaces, and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, with offices in Los Angeles, Colorado, and Amsterdam, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology. With its rich recording heritage, UA has been “Setting the tone since 1958.” www.uaudio.com
©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “LUNA Recording System" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. *All other trademarks contained herein are property of their respective owners, which may or may not be affiliated with Universal Audio Inc. Specifically, the Neve, MOOG, Studer, Spitfire Audio, Orange Tree Samples, and Loops de la Creme trademarks are used with permission. Other marks, including Steinway, are used to suggest the products that were studied in the creation of LUNA Instruments, but are not in any way affiliated with Universal Audio.