FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases Releases Four New Direct-Developer Plug-Ins for UAD and Apollo Platforms
— New titles from Softube, Sonnox, Brainworx, and AMS Neve
are part of UAD Software v9.3 —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • August 10th, 2017 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.3. Alongside the new UA-developed KORG® SDD-3000 Digital Delay plug-in, this latest software release also offers plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners.
Developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in is an exacting emulation of the ultra-rare, revolutionary analog auto-panner introduced in 1984. Famous for deep panning and modulation effects, and imparting instant vibe and stereo character to any source, the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in’s bi-directional "Round Sound" panning yields a 3D sound stage unlike any other auto-panner available.
Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner Plug-In — Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the ultra-rare Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner analog hardware
- Imparts instant vibe and stereo character on a variety of sources
- Auto-panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- 3D panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- Gate function for triggered panning with adjustable sensitivity
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include DAW sync for LFO and flexible stereo input/output configurations
Developed by Sonnox, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces offers high-level control over the frequency content of audio, helping tackle the most demanding production challenges during mixing or mastering.
The first dynamic EQ on the UAD platform, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in is an excellent alternative to multiband compression, allowing producers and engineers to sculpt and shape sources with unending precision.
Sonnox® Oxford Dynamic EQ Plug-In Key Features:
- Powerful dynamic EQ with signature Oxford professional-level transparency and control
- 5 bands of 'R3 Type 3' proportional-Q dynamic equalization with optional shelf type
- All bands can overlap fluidly and process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid, or side channels
- Flexible per-band side chain controls
- Allows up/down compression and up/down expansion
- Optional onset detection for very precise transient processing
(*$99 for owners of any other UAD ENGL plug-in)
Developed by Brainworx and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in expertly captures all of the punishing, beastly punch of ENGL’s most diabolical high-gain amp. The ENGL Savage 120 plug-in not only captures the intense crunch and distortion of the original amp, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into an ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier— a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
ENGL® Savage 120 Amplifier Plug-In Collection Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original ENGL Savage 120 guitar amplifier
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by ENGL
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Savage 120 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces
(*$49 for owners of previous AMS RMX16 plug-in)
The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable.
Developed by AMS Neve and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in captures the expansive shimmer of the original hardware, and adds nine rare, custom programs, doubling the sonic possibilities of the original UAD AMS RMX16 plug-in.
Featuring 810 ms of delay, brighter rooms, and variations of the legendary RMX16 Nonlin, Reverse, and Plate reverbs, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in is a powerful update to this iconic studio tool.
AMS RMX16 Expanded Plug-In Key Features:
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve
- Offers the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of an ultra-rare, custom RMX16
- Classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse, as well as rare programs like Nonlin 1
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and-type” editing of control values
- New presets from famous RMX16 power users Steve Levine, Ross Hogarth, David Isaac, and more
Press Releases and Images for UAD Software v9.3 can be found at www.uaudio.com/press/uad-images.
Learn more about the AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb Plug-In:
Learn more about the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner Plug-In:
Learn more about the ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier Plug-In:
Learn more about the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ Plug-In
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds."
©2016 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.